Achieve Virtual Institute: Promising Practices in Instruction, Assessment and Grading
- $669.00 per person for teams of 5 or more
- Please note: Registration will close two business days prior to the event start date.
Meet the Moment
The last year has challenged our schools and disrupted teaching and learning as we moved between in-person and remote instruction. As we look toward the future, it’s time to capitalize on the moment and transform assessment practices to foster hope, efficacy, and achievement. Join us for a variety of practical sessions that support the whole child and the whole educator. Experts will offer sessions that range from feedback to grading, assessment design to data interpretation, and classroom interventions to multi-tiered systems of support. This institute is designed to inspire and support you in both virtual and in-person assessment work.
With keynotes and deep dive sessions from the Solution Tree Assessment Center experts, you will:
- Begin the new school year by choosing and designing the right assessments and interpreting data to determine where your students are in their learning and which areas need strengthening.
- Discover how to map an assessment plan, write learning targets and progressions, and use data.
- Learn to analyze student work in collaboration to determine next steps and give focused and timely feedback.
- Create and utilize assessments that stimulate growth of critical 21st century competencies.
- Develop rich questions, contexts, and prompts that stimulate thinking and increase engagement.
- Explore practices for using assessment to effectively implement a multi-tiered system of supports with options for skill-specific interventions and extensions during the school day.
- Develop strategies and systems to increase student investment, strengthen motivation, and foster a growth mindset.
- Redefine accountability with structures, routines, grading methods, and reporting tools to reshape school culture.
- Learn the key aspects of social competence and social and emotional learning as well as best practices for assessing and promoting SEL and well-being.
Registrants will receive access to all content for 60 days after the event concludes.
Monday, August 16th
|9:00–10:00 a.m.||Keynote Presentation|
|10:30 a.m.–10:45 a.m.||
|10:45–12:15 a.m.||Breakout Sessions|
Tuesday, August 17th
|9:00–10:30 a.m.||Keynote Presentation|
|10:45 a.m.–12:15 p.m.||Breakout Sessions|
|2:45–3:45 p.m.||Breakout Sessions|
Wednesday, August 18th
Attendees will print their own certificates after each session they complete on the virtual platform.
Product code: CFH343
Hosted by: Edmonton Public Schools
Five Reasons to Attend a Solution Tree Event (PDF)
A Letter to Your Boss (DOC)
Included with your registration
Promote student mastery of essential 21st century skills, including collaboration, critical and creative thinking, digital citizenship, and more. Learn the qualities of the most important soft skills and how we can assess and measure them.