The New Art and Science of Teaching PD Playlist
The New Art and Science of Teaching PD Playlist features 32 short videos on research-based instructional strategies for student success. In conjunction with the printed book by Dr. Robert Marzano, it offers a competency-based education framework for substantive change, based on Marzano’s 50 years of education research.
Access our complete collection of PD Playlists with a Global PD Library subscription. Learn more >>
32 teaching method videos for competency-based education professional development
Featuring 32 short videos by Dr. Robert Marzano, The New Art and Science of Teaching PD Playlist is an excellent companion to the best-selling title. Drawing on Marzano’s 50 years of education research, the new version of the book places focus on student learning outcomes. Detailing the elements of three overarching categories of teaching, the book and videos define what must happen to optimize student success. Gain research-based instructional strategies and teaching methods for competency-based education in bite-sized, on-demand videos.
Curated to help you ensure student success, this playlist includes the following videos on effective teaching methods:
- Providing and Communicating Clear Learning Goals – Providing Scales and Rubrics
- Providing and Communicating Clear Learning Goals – Tracking Student Progress
- Providing and Communicating Clear Learning Goals – Celebrating Success
- Assessment – Informal Assessments of the Whole Class
- Assessment – Formal Assessments of Individual Students
- Direct Instruction Lessons – Chunking Content
- Direct Instruction Lessons – Processing Content
- Direct Instruction Lessons – Recording and Representing Content
- Practicing and Deepening Lessons – Structured Practice Sessions
- Practicing and Deepening Lessons – Examining Similarities and Differences
- Practicing and Deepening Lessons – Examining Errors in Reasoning
- Knowledge Application Lessons – Engaging Students in Cognitively Complex Tasks
- Knowledge Application Lessons – Providing Resources and Guidance
- Knowledge Application Lessons – Generating and Defending Claims
- Strategies That Appear in All Types of Lessons – Previewing
- Strategies That Appear in All Types of Lessons – Highlighting Critical Information
- Strategies That Appear in All Types of Lessons – Reviewing Content
- Strategies That Appear in All Types of Lessons – Reflecting on Learning
- Engagement – Noticing When Students Are Not Engaged and Reacting
- Engagement – Increasing Response Rates
- Engagement – Using Physical Movement
- Engagement – Using Friendly Controversy
- Rules and Procedures – Establishing Rules and Procedures
- Rules and Procedures – Organizing the Physical Layout of the Classroom
- Rules and Procedures – “Demonstrating Withitness”
- Rules and Procedures – Acknowledging Adherence to Rules and Procedures
- Rules and Procedures – Acknowledging Lack of Adherence to Rules and Procedures
- Relationships – Using Verbal and Nonverbal Behaviors that Indicate Affection for Students
- Relationships – Understanding Students’ Backgrounds and Interests
- Relationships – Displaying Objectivity and Control
- Communicating High Expectations – Asking In-Depth Questions of Reluctant Learners
- Communicating High Expectations – Probing Incorrect Answers with Reluctant Learners
Product Code: GPD204
***Note: If you have a Global PD Library subscription, you already have access to this online PD product.***
When will I receive my online PD product? Your online PD product will be accessible through your Solution Tree web account once your payment has been processed.* When the payment has been processed, the purchaser will receive an email confirmation with retrieval instructions. If multiple online PD products are purchased, you will also receive access codes.
*Please Note: When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the official signed purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
If your subscription was purchased as a part of a bulk order, please retrieve the access code from the purchaser.
How do I access the online PD product? Once your payment has been processed, you can access your playlist by logging into your web account on SolutionTree.com. Once logged in, click on “My Account” located at the top of the screen—this will take you to your dashboard. Then click on the relevant product type on the left-hand side of the screen.
After logging into your web account on SolutionTree.com, for future login, you may also choose to log in at app.globalpd.com using your Solution Tree login credentials.
How long do I have access to this online PD product? You will have access to the product for 1 year from the day payment is received.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the online PD product? Internet access is required. High-speed Internet access is best for viewing videos.
What if I have trouble accessing the online PD product? Call 800.733.6786 Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. ET or email [email protected].
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with the playlist. For book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
What if I need to request a refund? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed orders.