The Agile Learner
Where Growth Mindset, Habits of Mind, and Practice Unite
Empower your students to become confident learners in a world of constant change. In The Agile Learner, author James Anderson draws from ample research to detail the dispositions, skills, and behaviors every student needs for lifelong success. Use this resource to boost teacher and student efficacy and enhance learners’ 21st century skills.
Add this eBook to your credit card purchase and gain immediate access.
eBooks are available on desktop, Android, and iOS via Adobe Digital Editions. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit the eBook FAQ for more information.
Due to licensing restrictions, only customers within the United States and Canada may purchase The Agile Learner from this website. Customers in any other country may purchase this title from Hawker Brownlow Education.
Your planning guide to teaching mindful, reflective, proficient thinkers and problem solvers
Empower your students to become confident, capable learners in a world of constant change. In The Agile Learner, author James Anderson reveals three key ingredients for lifelong success: a growth mindset, habits of mind, and practice. Dive deep into each of the elements, receive ample research-backed guidance, and prepare your students to flourish this year and beyond.
- Understand the concept of the agile learner as it relates to complementary research on growth mindset, habits of mind, and practice.
- Explore the many external mindset movers that may push one’s mindset along the continuum of fixed versus growth.
- Recognize the role of teachers’ mindsets in student learning and instruction.
- Study the four rules of talent: (1) choice, (2) practice, (3) effort, and (4) unlimited growth.
- Consider new ideas about talent and achievement.
Product Code: BKB011, EKB004
“While all educators recognize the importance of preparing students for a rapidly changing world, the question remains, How do we achieve such a complex task? In The Agile Learner, James Anderson unites research on growth mindset, habits of mind, and practice to help teachers develop students into agile learners, capable of adapting (and thriving) in the 21st century. This brilliant book is an essential cornerstone for educators across grade levels and content areas!”