Our On-Site Professional Learning for DNA Mathematics
Bring our DNA Mathematics experts to your school. DNA Mathematics professional development empowers teachers, administrators, and coaches to master the mathematics being taught in classrooms. Grade-band-specific classroom videos are used extensively throughout the services to highlight key instructional practices and demonstrate to participants how they can successfully apply what they've learned in a classroom setting.
Where are you on your professional learning journey?
Your school or district is ready to start building expertise with DNA Mathematics professional development. See one-day services
You need specialized professional learning services to continue deepening your expertise in DNA Mathematics. See two-to-four-day services
You're a high-functioning team looking to sustain your DNA Mathematics expertise, leadership, and achievement. See multi-day services
Building Your Skills
An expert author or DNA Mathematics certified associate will educate and motivate your team to support high levels of mathematics teaching and learning.
Big-Picture Shifts in Content and Instruction
Successful leaders of mathematics teaching must know what to look for and promote in instruction. Explore content-based strategies to transform teaching and advance learning. Participants will investigate shifts in planning, instructing, and assessing, to focus on deeper content-based instruction. Create a shared image of successful classrooms, and generate a plan for targeted professional improvement in mathematics teaching.
Deepening Your Skills
Make sense of mathematics for teaching in an intensive and collaborative setting. In this institute, teachers will become the learners of the mathematics that they teach. Gain instructional strategies modeled by an expert with a definite focus on grade-specific mathematical content.
Learn how content-based strategies transform teaching and advance learning. Participants will apply deep understanding of mathematics content to create end-of-unit assessments, engage students in high-cognitive-demand tasks, assess student work, and implement productive homework plans.
Closing the Gender Gap in Mathematics Grades K–5
Gain better understanding of gender biases related to mathematics and improve educational experiences for girls. These research-based recommendations for teaching math to girls include tools, tips, and exercises that strengthen girls’ experiences as learners of mathematics.
- Understand the environmental barriers and gender stereotypes that create gender differences in mathematics performance and prevent many girls from learning mathematics at high levels.
- Learn how to foster a safe learning environment that encourages girls to take risks when they learn math.
- Focus on the mathematics gender achievement gap through three lenses: (1) perceptions, (2) possibilities, and (3) priorities.
Instructional Quality Assessment Tools
Discover a clear path for improving the quality of mathematics instruction at any grade level. This on-site professional development service guides educators through activities to explore task potential, examine successful implementation of tasks, facilitate mathematical discussions, and use evidence of student learning.
- Use tasks, questions, and evidence (the TQE process) and the rubrics associated with the Instructional Quality Assessment (IQA) as a support to increase the effectiveness of instruction.
- Gain understanding of the connection between teacher questioning and increased student success.
- Learn how to interpret student responses and determine appropriate teacher actions within a model of formative assessment.
- Enhance your understanding of math strategies through hands-on activities.
Sustaining Your Skills
Coaching and In-School Support
Strengthen practices and processes with just-in-time, in-class support. Participants will observe model teaching, engage in collaborative planning, and receive guidance during teacher observations and evaluations to move mathematics instruction forward.
Tell us your goals and challenges, and we'll develop a customized learning plan specially designed to support teachers of mathematics. Our experts—who are available for both on-site professional development and virtual training—will first help teachers deepen their understanding of K–12 mathematics content and then effectively teach the content with focus, coherence, and rigor.
Global PD offers on-demand access to instructional videos from the creators of DNA Mathematics—Juli K. Dixon, Edward C. Nolan, and Thomasenia Lott Adams. These videos help create a shared vision of classrooms where teachers and students are engaged in meaningful mathematics learning experiences.
- View high-quality footage demonstrating classroom mathematics instruction.
- Explore what best-practice mathematics instruction looks like at the appropriate grade level.
- Learn the foundations for connecting prior knowledge to new learning.
Why DNA Mathematics?
Our experts help preK–12 educators dive deep into:
- Appropriate mathematics content
- Effective pedagogical actions
- Productive classroom norms
- Meaningful assessment
- Collaborative teacher team efforts
DNA Mathematics empowers teachers, administrators, and coaches to master the mathematics being taught in classrooms. Grade-band-specific classroom videos are used extensively throughout the services to highlight key instructional practices and demonstrate to participants how they can successfully apply what they’ve learned in a classroom setting.