Nurture every student’s boundless potential
The best intervention is prevention! Great teachers strive to orchestrate quality instructional experiences for every student every day. Powerful Tier 1 instruction should result in up to 80 percent of students succeeding when steeped in a brain-friendly, well-instructed, research-based core curriculum.
Providing daily instructional differentiation and responding to ongoing formative assessments will meet more students where they are and prevent roadblocks to learning. High-ability students who demonstrate mastery must also be challenged to extend their learning beyond proficient.
At this workshop, you’ll explore the elements that collaborative teams must consider to create powerful Tier 1 instructional programs.
- Understand how developing brains learn best, and discover how to create safe, inclusive, optimal brain-friendly environments to maximize learning and engagement.
- Analyze tools to manage a highly differentiated classroom in order to maximize student participation and develop student self-regulation skills.
- Build a repertoire of powerful, research-based, high-impact instructional strategies that can be implemented daily in any class, as well as ideas for more complex, project-based tasks.
- Understand how daily differentiation and instructional variety can enhance engagement and learning when aligned with students’ learning needs, preferences, interests, and prior knowledge.
- Analyze and incorporate ongoing diagnostic and formative assessment processes to inform instruction, monitor student progress, and provide feedback.
- Investigate ways to target instruction for short-term intervention (remedial or enrichment) inside a regular classroom (Tier 1).
Learn from leading experts
Hear from our attendees
“Solution Tree does an amazing job! First-class PD with top-notch presenters. Can't wait for my next Solution Tree event.”
Kyle Palmer, principal, Lewis and Clark Elementary School, Missouri