Reimagine 21st century classrooms
The world is changing rapidly and in powerful ways. For the past 15 years, the impact of the web and other technologies on all aspects of society has become increasingly acute. Until now, educators have implemented new technologies in ways that support traditional schooling rather than fully embracing their transformative potential for learning.
However, an increasing number of schools are beginning to embrace changes in thinking and practice about how schools can best serve the needs of students in the modern world.
You’ll discover how to chart a path to a more modern approach to education at this workshop. Explore how to navigate the transition from traditional teaching and learning methods to more relevant, powerful practices that focus on developing passionate, confident, and creative learners. Look ahead to the exciting, yet challenging changes the next 10 years hold for schools and classrooms.
You will also have the opportunity to join a consortium that will focus on creating a framework that helps move schools into the future.
- Understand the modern contexts for learning and schooling created by globally networked technologies.
- Acquire a clear grasp of the future trends for education, higher education, and the workplace.
- Develop a mission, vision, and plan for moving classrooms, schools, and professional practice forward in meaningful and sustainable ways.
- Gain a toolkit of techniques for engaging leaders, teachers, parents, and community members in sustainable change conversations.
- Create strategies for educating community members and for changing school and classroom cultures.
- Identify successful modern learning practices from schools and districts around the world, and determine how to apply these practices in your school.
- Develop a personal plan for implementing modern learning practices.
Learn from leading experts
Hear from our attendees
“Thank you! As a teacher and as a parent, you have inspired me to not settle and be the change needed for my class.”
“The presenter was thought provoking and knowledgeable. Specifically appreciated the resources. I will challenge my students to find solutions themselves.”
“I absolutely enjoyed the relaxed and conversational manner in which you presented. I also liked the challenging questions you posed to us as you sat in our table discussions.”