RTI at Work™ Institute
- $689.00 per person for teams of 5 or more
The key to unlocking powerful interventions
What does successful response to intervention or multitiered system of support look like when all the pieces come together? The underlying premise of RTI and MTSS is that schools should not delay in providing help for struggling students until they fall far enough behind to qualify for special education, but instead should provide timely, targeted, and systematic interventions to all students who demonstrate the need.
With unprecedented access to nationally recognized experts who have successfully implemented RTI in a variety of settings—often with limited personnel and dwindling resources—you will learn how to create a tiered system of support that includes:
- Tier 1 core instruction that ensures all students have access to a rigorous, essential grade-level curriculum, highly effective teaching, and embedded academic and behavioral support.
- Tier 2 supplemental interventions that support students in a grade-level curriculum, immediate prerequisite skills, and academic and social behavior expectations.
- Tier 3 intensive interventions that develop foundational prerequisite academic skills (reading, numeracy, writing, and English language) and behaviors without removing students from essential grade-level curriculum.
With a drill-down breakout approach full of hands-on activities and through interactive and highly engaging keynotes, this institute explores how to build an intervention system by looking at the four essential elements of a successful RTI model: collective responsibility, concentrated instruction, convergent assessment, and certain access.
Expanding on the methods detailed in their best-selling books Pyramid Response to Intervention and Simplifying Response to Intervention, the presenters include specifics on how to lead the RTI process at the site and district levels. Learn how to create a proactive process to identify students who need help, place them in the proper intervention, monitor their progress, revise interventions as needed, and determine when students no longer need additional support. Each presenter matches theory with practice and offers strategies that can immediately increase effectiveness for students and staff.
- Create a school or district culture that focuses on student learning.
- Build a highly effective, collaborative core program.
- Focus core instruction on rigorous core curriculum.
- Unpack standards into focused student learning targets.
- Design, analyze, and utilize common assessments to improve core instruction and guide interventions.
- Plan for embedded intervention time.
- Engage and empower students in the learning process.
- Target interventions to meet individual student needs.
- Understand the critical components and implementation of a behavioral RTI system.
- Utilize a site leadership and intervention team to support schoolwide interventions.
- Design master schedules that provide core instruction, interventions, and elective options for students at risk.
- Identify effective Tier 3 interventions for students struggling with reading, writing, numeracy, and English language.
- Determine the best ways to utilize schoolwide support staff in the RTI process, including psychologists, counselors, special education teachers, and intervention specialists.
- Use intervention time to extend learning for students who have already mastered grade-level expectations.
- Understand the district’s role and responsibilities in the RTI process.
Learn from leading experts
Hear from our attendees
“The information gleaned from this event was brought back to our RTI committee and will help us make changes to improve student learning.”
“The information shared by the presenters was extremely valuable in helping me think through where the school is in the process of RTI.”
Agenda and speakers are subject to change.
Wednesday, November 4th
Registration and Continental Breakfast
|11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.||
Thursday, November 5th
Registration and Continental Breakfast
|11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m.||
|3:30–4:15 p.m.||Team Time|
Friday, November 6th
Events reach capacity quickly. Please confirm your registration before making travel plans.
All rates are per day and subject to change.
In order to receive the discounted hotel room rate, please mention Solution Tree.
After the deadline listed below, rates will be determined by the hotel.
Parking information: Events Center: $20/day in garage, Hilton: $18 Self/$25 Valet
Hilton Des Moines Downtown
435 Park Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
Discounted Rate: $164/night - Single & Double
Deadline: October 9, 2020 or until group rate is sold out
“This was a great opportunity for our district to evaluate where we are at and what our next steps are. It was very informative, engaging and helped our team immensely.”
“As a district leader, I liked how there were different sessions for principals to send their teachers to that would address their building needs.”
“Everything presented was very relevant and will be able to be implemented at school.”
Iowa Events Center
730 Third Street
Des Moines, Iowa
You will receive a certificate of participation 6 weeks after the event concludes. Please check with your department of education for CEU availability.