RTI at Work™ Institute
- $689.00 per person for teams of 5 or more
Solution Tree is in frequent contact with the staff at event venues to get updates about new or updated COVID-19 guidance from local and state officials related to events and public health. We have proactively taken steps to promote the health and safety of our attendees, associates, and staff.
As of January 11 2022, there are currently no mask mandates for the state or city.
Proof of vaccine or a negative covid test (taken within 72 hours of our Institute) is required to enter restaurants.
The right way to intervene
What does successful response to intervention or multitiered system of support look like when all the pieces come together? The underlying premise of RTI and MTSS is that schools should not delay in providing help for struggling students until they fall far enough behind to qualify for special education, but instead should provide timely, targeted, and systematic interventions to all students who demonstrate the need.
With unprecedented access to nationally recognized experts who have successfully implemented RTI in a variety of settings—often with limited personnel and dwindling resources—you will learn how to create a tiered system of support that includes:
- Tier 1 core instruction that ensures all students have access to a rigorous, essential grade-level curriculum, highly effective teaching, and embedded academic and behavioral support
- Tier 2 supplemental interventions that support students in a grade-level curriculum, immediate prerequisite skills, and academic and social behavior expectations
- Tier 3 intensive interventions that develop foundational prerequisite academic skills (reading, numeracy, writing, and English language) and behaviors without removing students from essential grade-level curriculum
With a drill-down breakout approach full of hands-on activities and through interactive and highly engaging keynotes, this institute explores how to build an intervention system by looking at the four essential elements of a successful RTI model: collective responsibility, concentrated instruction, convergent assessment, and certain access.
Expanding on the methods detailed in their best-selling books Pyramid Response to Intervention and Simplifying Response to Intervention, the presenters include specifics on how to lead the RTI process at the site and district levels. Learn how to create a proactive process to identify students who need help, place them in the proper intervention, monitor their progress, revise interventions as needed, and determine when students no longer need additional support. Each presenter matches theory with practice and offers strategies that can immediately increase effectiveness for students and staff.
- Create a school or district culture that focuses on student learning.
- Build a highly effective, collaborative core program.
- Focus core instruction on rigorous core curriculum.
- Unpack standards into focused student learning targets.
- Design, analyze, and utilize common assessments to improve core instruction and guide interventions.
- Plan for embedded intervention time.
- Engage and empower students in the learning process.
- Target interventions to meet individual student needs.
- Understand the critical components and implementation of a behavioral RTI system.
- Utilize a site leadership and intervention team to support schoolwide interventions.
- Design master schedules that provide core instruction, interventions, and elective options for students at risk.
- Identify effective Tier 3 interventions for students struggling with reading, writing, numeracy, and English language.
- Determine the best ways to utilize schoolwide support staff in the RTI process, including psychologists, counselors, special education teachers, and intervention specialists.
- Use intervention time to extend learning for students who have already mastered grade-level expectations.
- Understand the district’s role and responsibilities in the RTI process.
Hear from our attendees
“All speakers were engaging, everything was well organized- no confusion about where to go or what to do. The stories told were authentic and relative to our challenges. We had specific actionable, realistic feedback and great easy to read resources that we could take back to our schools and start using with our teams.”
“There were so many valuable components to this event, including the experienced presenters, materials, and resources; however, what was most valuable was the application and practicality of the content and structure. It was incredibly valuable for the presenters to walk us through the implementation process, answer questions, help us troubleshoot, etc. so that we can hit the ground running as we return to school.”
“The professional and practical manner in which the content was presented. I really enjoyed the real-life examples from the presenters.”
Agenda and speakers are subject to change.
Tuesday, May 3rd
Registration and Continental Breakfast
|11:45 a.m.–1:15 p.m.||
Lunch (on your own)
Wednesday, May 4th
Registration and Continental Breakfast
|11:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m.||
Lunch (on your own)
|4:30–5:15 p.m.||Team Time|
Thursday, May 5th
Events reach capacity quickly. Please confirm your registration before making travel plans.
$20 Self-Parking (Convention Center)
Marriott Parking: $38.00 Overnight Valet
All rates are per day and subject to change.
In order to receive the discounted hotel room rate, please mention Solution Tree. After the deadline listed below, rates will be determined by the hotel.
New Orleans Marriott Warehouse Arts District
859 Convention Center Blvd
New Orleans, LA 70130
Discounted Rate: (single or double) $220 per night.
Deadline: April 10, 2022 or until group rate is sold out.
“In 36 years of teaching, I’ve never attended a more professionally run conference. From the integrity of the presenters and the quality of the materials to the organization of the sessions, it was a top-notch affair. I am proud to know that the profession is being served so well by Solution Tree!”
“This was a coherent, informative, and empowering approach to establishing RTI in our district. I now have a dramatically clearer concept of RTI than I did before attending. The pacing was excellent. I was constantly learning, but never felt taxed.”
“Amazing! You helped us become a stronger, more committed team!”
“I appreciated hearing from practitioners and professionals who are actively doing their own research and have real understanding of how these ideas can work in the classroom.”
Ernest M. Morial Convention Center
900 Convention Center Blvd
New Orleans, Louisiana
You will receive a certificate of participation 6 weeks after the event concludes. Please check with your department of education for CEU availability.