Creativity enhances the quality of our lives, encouraging us to look deeper, search wider, and explore multiple perspectives. During this small-group workshop, expert Katie White will prepare individuals and teams to leverage assessment to unlock student creativity.
As an active participant, you will consider the following questions:
- What does a classroom that embraces creativity look and sound like?
- How can I introduce and then sustain creativity in my classroom?
- How can I use assessment to move thinking and problem-solving forward?
- How can I encourage my learners to develop their creative work to its fullest potential?
- How can I use assessment to position my learners as key decision-makers and foster their independence and curiosity?
- What is my role as a teacher in a creative classroom?
Throughout the two days, you will engage in all stages of the creative process through an experiential model and explore actionable strategies for designing rich learning experiences that propel student creativity forward.
- Engage in a practical creative simulation, consider outcomes, and reflect on the implications for learners and teachers.
- Experience the four stages of the creative process and the connection between effective assessment and students’ creative development.
- Explore the numerous benefits of encouraging and developing students’ creative thinking skills.
- Acquire concrete strategies for developing assessment methods (formative assessment, self-assessment, and feedback) that nurture students’ creative thinking.
- Understand the power of formal reflection and develop a toolkit of methods to encourage deep reflection in all ages of learners.
- Utilize resources for teaching and assessing creative skill development in every classroom.
- Plan a personally relevant approach to introducing creativity into upcoming learning experiences.
Learn from leading experts