This event is hosted by Marzano Research
To support student achievement in writing, teachers must intentionally select and implement research-based practices for instruction and assessment. Using Dr. Robert J. Marzano’s The New Art and Science of Teaching framework, expert Kathy Tuchman Glass will outline how to effectively teach students how to express themselves through writing. Participants will acquire an inventory of engaging strategies for instruction and assessment and learn how to apply them in their own classrooms.
- Learn how to use the New Art and Science of Teaching framework.
- Identify the characteristic elements and structures of targeted writing genres.
- Gain a wide range of effective writing strategies that address learning targets, including ways to teach vocabulary.
- Devise writing tasks for students to demonstrate understanding of complex text.
- Revise or design standards-based student checklists to use as an instructional tool.
- Utilize a writing revision tool for students to self-assess and give feedback to classmates.
- Adapt provided analytic rubrics for assessing student writing.
Learn from leading experts