The New Pillars of Modern Teaching
Revamp the traditional pillars of pedagogy for the digital world. Using real-world examples and relevant stories, the author shares how educators can empower learners to design their instruction, curate their curriculum, and build feedback loops to assess their development. Acquire a deep understanding of the student's role in the digital classroom, and recognize the importance of making mistakes to move forward.
- Investigate the effect technology has on the classroom and student work.
- Explore ways to support students in owning their learning.
- Move past the outdated, traditional pedagogical pillars—instruction, curriculum, and assessment.
- Incorporate the new pedagogical pillars—design, curation, and feedback—into the classroom.
- Gain practical resources and questions for reflection and discussion.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introduction: Technology and Pedagogy
Chapter 1: Why We Need to Change Pedagogy
Chapter 2: Pillar One—Design
Chapter 3: Pillar Two—Curation
Chapter 4: Pillar Three—Feedback
Chapter 5: Iteration and Failing Fast to Learn
- Words With Friends
- LiveBinders for Education
- Stack Overflow
- Backchannel Chat
- Google Forms
- Motion Math
- Pear Deck
- Poll Everywhere
- The Sandbox EDU