Pathways to Proficiency
This book provides the pathway for implementing evidence-based grading practices in schools through a straightforward, five-phase creative model.
- Recognize the challenges that can impede efforts to change grading practices.
- Consider research that can help shape individualized, valuable professional learning experiences.
- Identify the concepts and perspectives to which curriculum team members must commit, to successfully adopt evidence-based grading practices.
- Discover the important relationships between learning targets and grading, feedback and instruction, assessment and grading, and gradebooks and learning.
- Review valuable key points for each phase in the creative model for pursuing evidence-based grading.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introduction: The Case for Evidence-Based Grading
Chapter 1: Preparation
Chapter 2: Incubation
Chapter 3: Insight
Chapter 4: Evaluation
Chapter 5: Elaboration
- Bimodal Proficiency Matrix and Alternative Bimodal Proficiency Matrix
- Example of an Evidence-Based Rubric
- Gobble, T., Onuscheck, M., Reibel, A. R., & Twadell, E. (2016). Proficiency-Based Assessment: Process, Not Product. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Guskey, T. R. (2015). On Your Mark: Challenging the Conventions of Grading and Reporting. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Reeves, D. (Ed.). (2007). Ahead of the Curve: The Power of Assessment to Transform Teaching and Learning. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Reeves, D. (2011). Elements of Grading: A Guide to Effective Practice. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Reeves, D. (2016). FAST Grading: A Guide to Implementing Best Practices. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Wiliam, D. (2011). Embedded Formative Assessment. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.