Coaching for Significant and Sustained Change in the Classroom Free Reproducibles
This practical book leads instructional coaches and administrators through the process of building a strong solution-focused instructional coaching program that drives significant schoolwide change, improves teacher performance, and supports student success.
- Understand that changes in instructional practices are needed to overcome the challenges today’s teachers face.
- Learn what successful instructional coaching looks like and why coaching is the solution to getting effective professional development in the classroom.
- Study the five steps of the coaching cycle for teachers, and explore time-proven coaching methods and strategies.
- Measure the effectiveness of your current program by reviewing the elements of instructional coach training programs that lead to increased teacher performance and student success.
- Receive tools and forms to help guide the coaching cycle, including teacher reflection, support, and peer coaching, as well as respond to professional development needs.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Coaching and Change in Education
Chapter 2: The Coaching Cycle
Chapter 3: Methods and Techniques
Chapter 4: School and District Models
Chapter 5: Peer Coaching
Chapter 6: Program Supervision and Leadership
- Table 4.1: Designing a Coaching Model
- A Model of Instruction: The New Art and Science of Teaching
- Teacher Reflection Worksheet
- Coaching Goal Sheet
- Teacher Practice Log
- Progress Tracking Log
- Classroom Observation Sheet
- Video Review Worksheet
- School or District Planning Tools
- Bellanca, J., & Brandt, R. (Eds.). (2010). 21st Century Skills: Rethinking How Students Learn. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Guskey, T. R. (2014). On Your Mark: Challenging the Conventions of Grading and Reporting. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Marzano, R. J. (2012). Becoming a Reflective Teacher. Bloomington, IN: Marzano Research.
- Marzano, R. J. (2017). The New Art and Science of Teaching. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Marzano, R. J., & Simms, J. A. (2013). Coaching Classroom Instruction. Bloomington, IN: Marzano Research.
- Marzano, R. J., Warrick, P. B., & Simms, J. A. (2014). A Handbook for High Reliability Schools. Bloomington, IN: Marzano Research.