Brian Wise is a literacy coach and English teacher at Adlai E. Stevenson High School in Lincolnshire, Illinois. He specializes in building teacher capacity for embedding literacy skills into classroom instruction and assessment.
Brian Wise is a literacy coach and English teacher at Adlai E. Stevenson High School in Lincolnshire, Illinois. He works with faculty members from all high school divisions to build teacher capacity for embedding literacy skills into classroom instruction and assessment.
For the past 15 years, Brian has instructed a wide array of English and intervention courses. He has also facilitated professional development sessions around disciplinary literacy, reading and writing strategies, digital literacy, and incorporating literary skills and strategies within a professional learning community.
Brian earned a bachelor’s degree in English education from Boston University, a master’s degree in English from DePaul University, a reading specialist master’s degree from Concordia University Chicago, and a master’s degree in principal preparation from Concordia University Chicago.
Presentations by Brian Wise
- Disciplinary Literacy: Creating a Classroom of “Insiders”
- Frontloading for Success: Why Pre-Reading Matters
- Asking the Right Questions: Developing an Inquiry Mindset
- Wide Reading: Choice and Breadth in the Classroom
- Digital Literacy vs. Digital Skills
- #LiveLoveLiteracy: A Goody Bank of Literacy Instructional Tools
- Inquiry & Reluctant Readers: Engaging the Next Generation
- Mind the Gaps: Building Literacy Interventions
- Connecting: The Synergy of Poetry & Motion