Building Great Mental Health Professional–Teacher Teams
A Systematic Approach to Social-Emotional Learning for Students and Educators
Learn how teachers, school counselors, psychologists, and social workers can harness their collective power to support the complex needs of students through meaningful team building. Foster productive social-emotional learning (SEL) that promotes a whole-child education.
A team-building resource for improving student well-being through social-emotional learning (SEL)
Teaching is no longer only about academics—it has become about educating the whole child. Practical and research-based, this resource empowers teachers, school counselors, psychologists, and social workers to harness their collective power to support learners in their social-emotional lives. Discover how to form teams, navigate group challenges, and collectively pave the pathway to meaningful, purposeful, and sustainable student success.
- Discover how cognitive science and neuroscience can help educators better understand challenging students and plan interventions.
- Understand why teams, rather than just groups, matter and how they can achieve true team cohesion through practical advice for connection building and goal setting.
- Develop greater sensitivity to the needs of a diverse array of students, and discover ways to build trust, respect, and inclusivity within schools.
- Learn how to examine and resist one’s own implicit biases.
- Gain a deeper understanding of how social-emotional learning (SEL) positively impacts students and classrooms and how to incorporate it into everyday instruction.
- Access professional development activities designed to help teams enact each chapter’s content and strengthen the group dynamic.
Product Code: BKF958
Published By: Solution Tree