Acceleration for All
A How-To Guide for Overcoming Learning Gaps
Closing achievement gaps is an urgent goal for all schools, not just priority schools. The authors show that remediation is not the answer. Instead, they offer educational strategies for acceleration that will level up learning for all students, as well as a framework for implementing accelerated learning schoolwide.
Educational strategies for how to close learning gaps through accelerated learning
The need to overcome student learning gaps exists in every school. The answer is not a culture of remediation but one of acceleration. Every student deserves to learn at grade level or beyond—this is equity in action. Acceleration for All offers research-informed, real-world, and ready-to-implement strategies, with an emphasis on core instructional practices, to ensure accelerated learning schoolwide.
This book will help K–12 teachers and leaders:
- Implement practical strategies for sustained accelerated student learning
- Shift from a mindset of deficit thinking to strengths-based thinking related to student learning
- Develop opportunity equity so all students have access to grade-level learning every day
- Develop learning cycles to address instruction, assessment, and interventions or extensions as a team with a focus on every student learning grade-level standards
- Learn how to establish a learning-based culture rooted in collective efficacy
- Support teachers, teams, and students through collaborative leadership
- Create processes and procedures for continuously improving learning
Product Code: BKG049
Published By: Solution Tree