The Authentic Standards-Based Environment
A Systematic Approach to Learning Targets, Assessment, and Data
Implementing a true standards-based approach to teaching and learning can be complicated work. Author Eileen Depka breaks the process down into logical, doable steps that connect learning targets, rubrics, assessment, and data all back to standards.
A practical guide to standards-based learning for teacher teams and educators
Why are standards so important, and how do they improve student learning? In The Authentic Standards-Based Environment: A Systematic Approach to Learning Targets, Assessment, and Data, Eileen Depka dives into standards-based student learning with a simple, easy-to-use approach to unpacking standards, developing learning targets, and designing rubrics and assessments. Using data-driven methods and clear examples, this book makes a standards-based process manageable.
K–12 teachers and administrators will:
- Learn to unpack standards and understand the components and expectations rooted in them
- Understand how to design standards-based learning targets that directly connect to each component of the standard
- Design individual and common assessments that link with the rigor and expectations of the standard
- Report data and design a scope and sequence that will guide next steps
- Discover how to implement a standards-based system school- or districtwide
Product Code: BKG078
Published By: Solution Tree
Page Count: 176