Benches in the Bathroom
Leading a Physically, Emotionally, and Socially Safe School Culture
Educational leadership can help ensure teachers are at their best by taking steps to create and maintain a safe, comfortable culture for all staff. A leader who’s committed to establishing and maintaining an environment that prioritizes wellness and teacher stress management will find answers in this book.
Establish a wellness culture in your school or district to combat teacher burnout and attrition
To avoid risk of burnout, educators need a supportive working environment that acknowledges their unique stressors. Benches in the Bathroom offers K–12 educational leadership a wealth of field-tested and research-supported guidance to construct a school culture that values teacher contributions, operates on a framework of emotional wellness, and implements trauma-compassionate organizational strategies to ensure the success and well-being of educators.
K–12 school and district leaders will:
- Gain increased understanding of the importance of wellness among educators
- Learn actionable leadership strategies to construct a trauma-informed and trauma-compassionate culture of wellness
- Review a case study providing examples of what a compassionate work culture can look like
- Consider psychology-backed insights on trauma, toxic stress, and unhealthy work environments with strategies to help
- Study self-care modeling strategies for educational leaders
Product Code: BKG094
Published By: Solution Tree