Charting the Course for Leaders
Lessons From Priority Schools in a PLC at Work®
This thorough leadership resource offers clear steps leaders can take to turn their priority school around. Discover how struggling schools can implement a strong coaching system, create and align schoolwide SMART goals, and prioritize time for collaboration to overcome obstacles and ensure learning for all.
Strategies to boost student achievement in priority schools
This all-encompassing anthology delivers clear steps that leaders can take throughout the PLC at Work® process to turn their priority schools around. Every key topic is considered and discussed—from prioritizing time for collaboration to implementing effective coaching to aligning school and district goals. Over the course of thirteen chapters, readers will grow in their role as leaders and gain a clear vision of how to evolve their priority school into a thriving place of learning.
- Discover how to effectively reframe accountability so everyone buys into the collective aspect of student learning.
- Focus on creating and aligning SMART goals—schoolwide, at the collaborative team–level, and at the individual teacher–level.
- Get ideas for extending work for proficient students, which can help boost a school’s grade.
- Provide targeted feedback and effectively moderate and liaise within your professional learning communities.
- Implement a strong, collaborative coaching system to support teacher development.
Product Code: BKF979
Published By: Solution Tree