Leading a Culture of Reading
How to Ignite and Sustain a Love of Literacy in Your School Community
Explore the practical, culture-building strategies that support literacy for all. This book is a tool for educators working to promote the importance of reading and to develop students’ engagement in reading and literacy work.
The how-to guide for building a celebratory culture of reading
Engaged students achieve better reading success. Grounded in current research, this book provides resources and strategies to help educators improve literacy culture in their schools and inspire a love of reading in their students. Author Lorraine M. Radice demonstrates how educators can promote literacy through social media and shares ways in which all stakeholders can contribute to students’ reading engagement.
This book will help K–12 educators and instructional coaches:
- Understand how access to devices has dampened reading interest among K–12 students and consequently affected literacy
- Create and launch a reading campaign
- Become familiar with the research behind the role of social media in students’ lives and discover how to use social media to support reading engagement
- Develop ways for adults in a school community to reflect on and share their reading lives with students
- Know the role of parents and caregivers in establishing and maintaining reading habits
- Incorporate student leadership into literacy programs and have access to a toolkit for implementing leadership into reading campaigns
- Create opportunities for visibility and school community participation that celebrate reading
Product Code: BKG124
Published By: Solution Tree
Page Count: 216