On the Same Team
Bringing Educators and Underrepresented Families Together
The urgency for educators to commit to diversity and equity work in their schools calls for a framework that will help narrow achievement and opportunity gaps. This book offers the guidance you need to nurture strong family-school partnerships that are essential for student success.
Forge stronger ties with parents and guardians to overcome opportunity and achievement gaps.
Establish a sense of community and foundation of trust with parents and guardians. On the Same Team offers current research and real classroom examples to guide school and district leaders in building Families and Educators Together (FET) teams. Discover how the FET framework can help create strong family-school partnerships and foster a culture of inclusion and support for underrepresented groups.
This book will help K–12 leadership:
- Differentiate between family involvement in schools and the authentic, mutually beneficial collaborative partnerships behind FET teams
- Facilitate a successful and inspiring launch of the framework with key preparation steps
- Prepare for common roadblocks and identify potential barriers to successful implementation
- Foster the habits and skills behind a successful FET team leader
- Use team-building activities, as well as sample email messages, questions to ask primary caregivers, calendars, timelines, and other practical resources
Product Code: BKG115
Published By: Solution Tree