Ready for the Workforce
Engaging Strategies for Teaching Secondary Learners Employability Skills
Learn how to utilize the Youth Employability Skills (YES!) framework to foster confident, well-rounded, career-ready students. This resource helps educators teach 21st century skills, such as problem solving and critical thinking, to ensure that each learner is prepared for the workplace or higher education.
A targeted instructional guide for fostering confident, career-ready learners
Foster confident, well-rounded, career-ready students. Written for teachers and administrators, this targeted guide introduces the Youth Employability Skills (YES!) framework, which has been adopted by schools across the United States. Learn how to use this powerful framework in a multitude of courses to ensure students develop the essential attributes and soft skills needed to become thriving members of the global workplace.
- Consider nine essential employability skills and how to foster each in students.
- Benefit from a comprehensive framework that includes activities, instructional strategies, and resources.
- Align with the mandates of the Every Student Succeeds Act to prepare students to succeed in college and careers.
- Gain an understanding of educators’ roles in connecting students to the vast possibilities and opportunities ahead of them.
- Examine real-life examples as well as supporting research and evidence that the YES! framework is effective.
Product Code: BKF945
Published By: Solution Tree