The Student-Centered Classroom
Transforming Your Teaching and Grading Practices
Leave behind one-size-fits-all lessons, tests, and grades in favor of a student-centered approach that is interactive, individualized, and rigorous. This resource details teaching practices that enhance student engagement through interactive instruction and academic rigor.
A guide for student-centered learning through interactive teaching practices and individualized assessment
Student-centered classrooms make it possible for schools to fulfill their best and most enduring promise: to give students a fair chance to grow up literate, open-minded, and prepared to succeed. With this resource as your guide, you will learn six teaching practices to help you leave behind one-size-fits-all lessons, tests, and grades in favor of a student-centered approach that is interactive, individualized, and rigorous.
- Learn how to use the two essential qualities of education, respect and agency, to help students achieve learning goals.
- Find affirmation in being part of a community of educators that is creating the potential for a much-needed shift in the approach to education and academic rigor.
- Discover ways to use speaking, listening, writing, and reading in new and creative ways.
- Explore the essential components of a student-centered approach to evaluation and assessment.
- Understand how to counter misconceptions about student-centered learning when communicating with colleagues, administrators, and parents.
Product Code: BKF951
Published By: Solution Tree