Common Formative Assessment PD Playlist
Based on Common Formative Assessment by Kim Bailey and Chris Jakicic, the Common Formative Assessment Professional Development (PD) Playlist offers 28 short videos for incorporating common formative assessments into the practices of a PLC at Work® to help students reach learning objectives and power standards.
28 common formative assessment videos with the examples and strategies your PLC needs
Based on the book by Kim Bailey and Chris Jakicic, this playlist includes 28 videos and two reproducible tools that detail strategies and protocols for incorporating common formative assessments into the practices of a professional learning community (PLC). Featured presenters include Sharon V. Kramer, Richard DuFour, Chris Jakicic, and Mike Mattos. Each video, available on demand, is less than 20 minutes, accommodating your busy schedule, and all are aligned to chapters in Common Formative Assessment: A Toolkit for Professional Learning Communities at Work®. Move beyond summative assessment and toward a more balanced assessment system using the common formative assessment examples and strategies in these videos.
Curated to help you implement common formative assessment strategies, this playlist includes the following videos and two reproducible tools:
- Embedding Collaboration into the Routine Practice of a School
- A Focus on Learning and the Four Essential Questions of a PLC
- Establishing and Monitoring Norms
- Seven Keys to Effective Teams: Team Products
- Understanding the Common Formative Assessment Process
- Common Formative Assessments: A Powerful Tool for Teacher Collaboration
- What Does Proficiency Look Like?
- Effective Leaders Don’t Leave Learning to Chance
- Balanced Assessment Systems
- Unwrapping Standards into Learning Targets
- Defining Validity and Reliability
- Doing the Right Work: Studying the Standards
- Getting Insanely Clear About What Students Have to Learn
- Communicating Priorities by Establishing a Guaranteed and Viable Curriculum
- How Do We Decide Our Essential Standards?
- Unwrapping Standards With Your Teacher Team
- A Protocol for Unwrapping Standards
- Writing Constructed Response Questions: Context and Clarity
- Choosing Stimulus for Constructed Response Questions
- Building Rubrics to Measure Qualitative Responses
- Rules for Writing Quality Question Stems
- Rules for Writing Quality Multiple Choice Answers
- Rules for Writing Matching and True/False Questions
- Using the Four Critical Questions to Guide Unit Planning
- Common Formative Assessments: Pacing Guide Template (Reproducible Tool)
- Common Formative Assessments: Backward Planning Unit Design (Reproducible Tool)
- Carving Out Time in Your Schedule for Interventions
- Accountability and Evidence for Learning
- Using a Data Analysis Protocol to Turn Data into Usable Information for Teams
- An Inside Look as Teacher Teams Review Assessment Data
Product Code: GPD203
***Note: If you have a Global PD Library subscription, you already have access to this online PD product.***
When will I receive my online PD product? Your online PD product will be accessible through your Solution Tree web account once your payment has been processed.* When the payment has processed, the purchaser will receive an email confirmation with an access code and retrieval instructions.
*Please Note: When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the official signed purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to orders@SolutionTree.com.
If your subscription was purchased as a part of a bulk order, please retrieve the access code from the purchaser.
How do I access the online PD product? Once your payment has been processed, you can access your playlist by logging into your web account on SolutionTree.com. Once logged in, click on “My Account” located at the top of the screen—this will take you to your dashboard. Then click on the relevant product type on the left-hand side of the screen.
How long do I have access to this online PD product? You will have access to the product for 1 year from the day payment is received.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the online PD product? Internet access is required. High-speed Internet access is best for viewing videos.
What if I have trouble accessing the online PD product? Call 800.733.6786 Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. ET or email orders@SolutionTree.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There is no shipping or handling costs associated with the playlist. For book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
What if I need to request a refund? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed orders.