Cultivating Heart Centered Communities Where Students Focus and Flourish
Build compassionate classrooms and mindful schools that prioritize both learning and well-being. Based on the latest neuroscience research, this book provides mindfulness exercises as well as trauma-informed practices for creating positive learning environments.
Experience the convenience of eBooks! Access your eBooks anytime, anywhere on any desktop, Android, or iOS device through VitalSource. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit our FAQ for more information.
Creating a positive learning environment through mindfulness in schools
Build compassionate classroom environments and mindful schools that prioritize high levels of achievement and high levels of well-being. Based on the latest neuroscience research, Mindfulness Practices details how mindfulness in schools can lead to new, improved ways of educating, learning, and living. The book’s mindful education exercises are easily adaptable across grade levels—from prekindergarten through high school—as well as across urban, suburban, and rural school settings.
Mindfulness exercises and trauma-informed practices for a positive learning environment:
- Explore the theory behind mindful education, including the interrelated nature of physiology, cognition, emotions, and mindfulness for students.
- Learn how mindfulness in schools contributes to a positive mindset, alleviates the impact of toxic stress, and takes advantage of neuroplasticity.
- Understand the effects of trauma and ACEs (adverse childhood experiences) on student behavior and the ability to learn, and discover trauma-informed practices that support healing.
- Acquire research-based mindfulness practices, including breathing exercises, yoga for the classroom, meditation for students, and cognitive reflection and awareness.
- Reignite the passion that first drew you to education and prioritize self-care for yourself and your students.
- Discover how to build a heart-centered learning community in classrooms and create mindful schools.
Product Code: BKF833, EKF426
Published By: Solution Tree
Page Count: 208
“This profound book points the way for teachers, students, and whole school systems to transform into more mindful and compassionate communities. The authors integrate their expertise in contemplative practices, social justice, neuroscience, and educational leadership in a road map for mindfulness-based education. With eloquent research-based writing, this book can show educators how to transform stress and trauma and create more equitable and peaceful learning environments.”
“‘Compassion is quintessential.’ Wow, we have been searching for this! Mindfulness Practices: Cultivating Heart Centered School Communities Where Students Focus and Flourish is like a breath of fresh air and includes the recipe for success for students and adults. Mason, Rivers Murphy, and Jackson create a sense of urgency, offer practical techniques, and give a road map for us to follow for creating compassionate learning communities complete with case studies and mindful reflection questions. Mindfulness practices are the true way to meet the needs of everyone we serve!”
“Unprecedented numbers of students across the United States are entering classrooms having had traumatic experiences and toxic stress that can profoundly impact their ability to succeed academically and socially within society. Mindfulness Practices: Cultivating Heart Centered School Communities Where Students Focus and Flourish is a pivotal read that outlines the tremendous impact trauma has on the brain and the moral imperative that we have, as educators, to meet the challenge of “educating with our hearts and minds.” Mindfulness Practices provides a powerful rationale for transformational change coupled with practical examples from the field and a host of exercises that can be immediately implemented from the classroom to district level.”
When can I access my eBook? Your eBook will be accessible through VitalSource once your payment has been processed.*
*When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the signed official purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
How do I access my eBook?
To access your eBook:
- Create a free VitalSource account by visiting VitalSource.com. If you already have a VitalSource account, please log in to your account.
- Paste the redemption code that Solution Tree will email you in the “Redemption Code” field on VitalSource.com/Redeem. (Note: You can also access your redemption code within your Solution Tree account under the “eBook” section.)
- Click “Redeem.”
- Enjoy! Once your code is redeemed, your book will be added to your VitalSource Bookshelf and can be read anytime, anywhere.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the eBook? A VitalSource account is required. To sign up for your free account, please visit VitalSource.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with eBooks. For paperback and hardcover book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
Can I purchase multiple copies of the same eBook? Bulk orders are not currently available through the website. Website purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. If you want to order multiple copies of an eBook, please contact customer support at [email protected].
What if I need to request a refund on my eBook order? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed eBook orders.