Common Core English Language Arts in a PLC at Work™, Leader's Guide
Professional development embedded within the PLC culture is vital to successfully implementing the Common Core State Standards. Integrate the CCSS for English language arts in your school's instruction, curriculum, assessment, and intervention practices with this straightforward resource. Using specific leader-driven examples and scenarios, discover the what and how of teaching so you can ensure students master the standards.
A Joint Publication With the International Reading Association
- Master the CCSS for English language arts, and develop common understandings to strengthen instructional practice.
- Equip yourself with strategies for leading collaborative teams in implementing the CCSS for English language arts.
- Discover the five fundamental shifts in literacy instruction necessary to enhance students' language development.
- Understand the leader's responsibilities in supporting teachers in delivering high-quality instruction to all students, including English learners and students with special needs.
- Learn the qualities of effective English language arts programs and how the CCSS for English language arts relate to these programs.
- Develop understanding of high-quality formative and summative assessments, and find out how collaborative teams can draw on valuable data sources to make instructional decisions.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Leading Schoolwide Inquiry Around the Common Core State Standards
Chapter 2: Leading Your School Through the Common Core State Standards
Chapter 3: Leading the Implementation of High-Quality Instruction
Chapter 4: Leading Change Through Data Decision Making
Chapter 5: Leading Change Through Structures That Support Teachers and Students
- Figure 3.1: Instructional Framework Based on the Gradual Release of Responsibility Model of Instruction
- Table 3.1: Sample Quality Indicators for Gradual Release of Responsibility Model of Instruction
- Table 3.2: Teacher Accommodations and Modifications
- All Things PLC
- Application of Common Core State Standards for English Language Learners
- Application to Students With Disabilities
- Assessment Services Supporting ELs Through Technology Systems
- Dynamic Learning Maps
- Framework for English Language Proficiency Development Standards Corresponding to the Common Core State Standards and the Next Generation Science Standards (CCSSO)
- Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC)
- Reading Recovery Council of North America
- RTI Action Network
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC)
- National Center on Universal Design for Learning