Our On-Site Assessment Professional Learning
Rely on Solution Tree for on-site professional development with the power to reduce failure rates and increase student success in every classroom. Our assessment experts will guide your school in developing grading practices and assessments for learning. Discover how your school or district can implement effective student assessment activities such as self-assessment and common formative assessment.
Where are you on your professional learning journey?
Your school or district is ready to start building expertise with Assessment professional development. See one-day services
You need specialized professional learning services to continue deepening your expertise with Assessment. See two-to-four-day services
You’re a high-functioning team looking to sustain your expertise, leadership, and achievement through Assessment. See multi-day services
Building Your Skills
Whether you’re kicking off the school year, launching a new assessment initiative, or wanting to address specific challenges, a customized keynote presentation will help your team implement and sustain effective assessment practices and procedures.
Get a comprehensive overview of effective assessment practices, and receive customized guidance and support from an expert. Potential topics for this one-day on-site service include the basics of balanced assessment, cultivating assessment literacy, and developing a common language in assessment.
Deepening Your Skills
Designing Quality Assessments
Discover how to design assessments that reflect student learning in meaningful ways.
- Explore the characteristics of quality assessments, and design tools to enhance assessment literacy.
- Learn how to design or revise current assessments to more effectively guide instruction, involve students, and communicate learning.
Letting Data Lead
Build a culture of school data analysis and interpretation, starting with instruction and assessment techniques that promote student achievement and ensure a response to data.
- Define the purpose of assessments and distinguish between when a response is needed and when a response is not essential.
- Design assessment of student learning in a way that creates actionable insights and pinpoints where students are struggling.
- Build a classroom culture where students engage in critical thinking, react to their personal data, and set goals to promote future success.
Sustaining Your Skills
Provide differentiated professional development to your staff with job-embedded coaching. A coach with firsthand assessment experience will help individual educators as well as teams reflect on their current assessment practices and procedures and then take the necessary steps to make targeted improvements that result in increased student achievement.
Share your vision of assessment with us, and we’ll design a learning experience tailor-made to your challenges and goals. Our assessment experts are available for both on-site and virtual training, ensuring both teams and individuals get the support they need in the learning format that works best for them.