Our On-Site Professional Learning for RTI at Work™
Gain high-quality, personalized RTI training for teachers and administrators by bringing Solution Tree's RTI at Work experts to your school. Discover proven teaching strategies and tools you can rely on to help improve your interventions at all tiers of the RTI pyramid and keep the focus on what's really important—high levels of learning for all students.
Mike Mattos explains what schools can expect when working with an RTI at Work™ associate.
Where are you on your professional learning journey?
Your school or district is ready to start building expertise with RTI professional development.
You need specialized professional learning services to continue deepening your expertise in RTI.
Building Your Skills
An expert RTI at Work author or certified associate will energize and engage your team to help build momentum in your RTI practices. Our keynoters can address the topic that is right for your school, including an introduction to the essential elements of RTI, strategies to help prioritize learning outcomes, or the most current best practices for interventions and enrichment.
RTI at Work Overview
This on-site workshop provides a comprehensive overview of the RTI at Work model. You and your team will be introduced to the essential elements needed to create a highly effective, multitiered system of supports (MTSS) to ensure all students learn at high levels. This includes how to:
- Build effective teams to know when and how to respond to students
- Prioritize essential learning outcomes for optimal focus on what students should learn
- Target assessments to help identify what they have learned or not
- Systematically respond when students need intervention and enrichment
Recommended for: Schools and teacher teams who practice RTI and MTSS and who are ready to take the next step. This service is also for onboarding new teachers in schools where the RTI at Work model is implemented.
Deepening Your Skills
Simplifying Response to Intervention
Learning a successful RTI model begins by asking the right questions to create a fundamentally effective learning environment for every student. RTI is not a series of implementation steps, but rather a way of thinking, including how to:
- Create a focused RTI model that works
- Shift to a culture of collective responsibility and build team structures for collaboration
- Develop a system of convergent assessment to identify students for intervention, determine their unique needs, monitor their progress, and adjust learning opportunities based on their progress
RTI at Work 2-Day Workshop
Learn to refine your RTI processes or overcome your RTI challenges in this workshop for school teams. RTI is not a series of implementation steps to cross off on a list, but a way of thinking about how educators can ensure each student receives the time and support needed to achieve success.
- Help your school make RTI efficient, effective, and equitable.
- Create and support teacher, leadership, and intervention teams.
- Create a toolbox of effective interventions.
- Address complex issues such as motivation, attendance, and behavior.
Scheduling Time for Interventions and Enrichment
Give all students the help and enrichment they need. Discover practical strategies to build intervention and enrichment periods into the school day, and overcome implementation challenges to ensure all students are successful.
- Work in collaborative teams to create targeted interventions and enrichments.
- Revise schedules to build intervention periods without extending the school day.
- Understand the challenges to creating intervention time, and gain tips to overcome them.
Behavior Solutions: Function as a PLC and Assign RTI Behavior/SEL
Take strategic action to close the systemic behavior gap and build a comprehensive systematic response for behavior/SEL with the support of Behavior Solutions. Foster positive behavior and social-emotional learning (SEL) by utilizing the PLC at Work® and RTI at Work™ processes to boost student metacognition and create an action plan for meeting their psychological and social well-being needs.
- Delve into the actions necessary to build effective professional learning communities (PLC) as a vehicle for improving academic and social behavior outcomes for all students.
- Learn how to use response to intervention (RTI) to ensure every student’s success.
- Apply essential academic and social behavior standards, processes, tools, and resources to help your school function as a PLC for each tier of needed supports.
Sustaining Your Skills
Provide your teams with impactful support from an expert with firsthand experience. Your coach will provide specific direction based on your team’s unique challenges and goals—from establishing a multitiered system of supports to making time for quality interventions without compromising core instruction. This targeted support will empower educators at all levels to take the necessary daily steps to ensure they meet every student’s academic and behavioral needs.
Partner with us to develop a custom learning plan designed to meet your unique needs and challenges. With our evidence-based RTI content along with on-site professional development and virtual training opportunities, we are uniquely positioned to help you build an MTSS that’s strong enough to make a real difference in student achievement.
Global PD Teams
How do you respond when students don’t learn? Global PD Teams is your one-stop digital resource for working collaboratively as teams to answer this critical question. Among the many online tools, you’ll find a mini-course and playlist based on the best-selling book Taking Action: A Handbook for RTI at Work™. Choose Global PD Teams when you need:
- Daily, convenient access to real-time school improvement models and strategies
- Job-embedded professional development
- Resources to build collective teacher efficacy
- Clear learning paths toward student achievement and school improvement
- Quality content from authors you know and trust
Our yearlong Coaching Academy provides the most in-depth professional learning solution for practitioners who want comprehensive training on RTI concepts, practical applications, and sustainability. This integrated instructional design will maximize learning potential the whole year through and includes:
- RTI at Work resources that will assist in initiating and sustaining an open exchange of ideas and advance educator knowledge
- Six days of on-site training (three sessions, two days each) so teams develop new skills and an action plan for immediate implementation
- Yearlong support by phone, email, or both, to help with individual questions
This focus on initial instruction, systematic response, and system refinement will result in a highly motivated cadre of leaders who act as change agents for RTI within your school or district.
Recommended for: School and district leaders who are committed to systematically transforming their organizational response to students who need remediation and enrichment
Why RTI at Work™?
The process and practices of a professional learning community provide the foundation needed to ensure high levels of learning for all students. RTI at Work leverages the power of collaborative teams and the focus of the 4 Critical Questions of the PLC at Work process to drive effective interventions and extensions.
Four Critical Questions of a PLC
- What knowledge, skills, and dispositions should every student acquire as a result of this unit, this course, or this grade level?
- How will we know when each student has acquired the essential knowledge and skills?
- How will we respond when some students do not learn?
- How will we extend the learning for students who are already proficient?
If RTI seems overwhelming and your school or district struggles to implement interventions that make a difference, take a step back and assess your school culture and structure.