Teaching With Purpose
How to Thoughtfully Implement Evidence-Based Practices in Your Classroom
Built on seven well-researched teaching principles, this practical resource outlines how to purposefully and intentionally cultivate a learning environment conducive to the success of every student. Use these evidence-based practices and instructional strategies for successful classroom management.
- Create a classroom based on learning and equality through evidence-based practices.
- Develop strong instructional strategies and classroom management skills.
- Implement formative assessments into everyday studies for student success.
- Understand the importance of perseverance and grit in the classroom setting.
- Acquire best practices for fostering a learning environment that is safe, welcoming, and inclusive.
Get your copy today
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Conceptualizing the Classroom as an Ecosystem
Chapter 2: Establishing and Communicating Learning Goals
Chapter 3: Incorporating Strategic Teaching and Learning
Chapter 4: Improving Classroom Management
Chapter 5: Conducting Regular Formative Assessment
Chapter 6: Employing Differentiated Instruction for All Students
Chapter 7: Developing Grit and Perseverance in Yourself and in Your Students
Epilogue: We are the Changemakers
- Strategies for Creating a Supportive Classroom Ecosystem
- Template for New Strategies to Incorporate Each Month
- Figure 2.1: Key things to remember when creating and communicating learning goals
- Strategies for Establishing and Communicating Learning Goals
- Template for Establishing and Communicating Learning Goals
- Strategies and Examples to Incorporate Strategic Teaching and Learning
- Teaching Process Template for the Three Stages of Teaching and Learning
- Marzano, R. J. (2009). Designing and teaching learning goals and objectives. Bloomington, IN: Marzano Resources.
- McDowell, M. (2020). Teaching for transfer: A guide for designing learning with real-world application. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Weber, C. (2018). Behavior: The forgotten curriculum—An RTI approach for nurturing essential life skills. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Wiliam, D. (2017). Embedded formative assessment (2nd ed.). Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.