Building Great School Board–Superintendent Teams
Discover a systematic approach for establishing school board–superintendent teams that efficiently address demands and respond to the ever-changing educational environment. Understand the role of school board members and instructional leadership in your school improvement plan.
- Consider how the school board–superintendent team can remain sustainable and productive in governance and leadership.
- Foster committed team relationships and develop the important qualities of team leadership.
- Clarify the roles and responsibilities of school board–superintendent team members to improve governance and avoid conflict.
- Learn how to communicate effectively and speak with one unified voice as a team.
- Participate in team professional development activities that build trust, respect, transparency, and accountability among the team.
Get your copy today
Table of Contents
Part I: Teamwork and Leadership Strategies for School Board–Superintendent Teams
- Chapter 1: Legal Perspectives and the Case for Local Control
- Chapter 2: Induction and New Team Member Orientation
Chapter 3: Team Members’ Roles and Responsibilities
- Chapter 4: Effective Communication and a Unified Voice
- Chapter 5: Team Decision Making
- Chapter 6: Committed and Effective Team Leadership
Part II: Strategic and Evaluative Functions of School Board–Superintendent Teams
- Chapter 7: Foundational Statements
- Chapter 8: Continuous Improvement and Quality Assurance
- Chapter 9: Governance and Leadership During Change
- Chapter 10: Dysfunctional Teams and Rogue Members
- Chapter 11: System Evaluation Essentials
- Chapter 12: The Future of the School Board–Superintendent Team
Develop a clear path toward your goals by using the free study guide.
- Quotable Quotes
- Sample School Board Member Orientation Program Agenda
- The Truth Seat Sample Questions
- The Three Styles of Communication
- Communication Skills
- Fist to Five Strategy
- The Leadership Tree
- Sample PESTLE Prompts
Professional Development Activities
- Professional Development Activities for New Team Members
- Professional Development Activity on Change
- Professional Development Activity on Communication
- Professional Development Activity on Decision Making
- Professional Development Activity on Developing Foundational Statements
- Professional Development Activity on Evaluation
- Professional Development Activity on Leadership
- Professional Development Activity on Power and Control
- Professional Development Activity on Prioritization
- Professional Development Activity on Roles and Responsibilities
- Professional Development Activity on Team Commitment
- Professional Development Activity on Teamwork
- Professional Development Activity on the Future of the Team