Leadership at Every Level
Five Qualities of Effective Classroom, School, and District Leaders
Nurture your leadership skills and grow as a lifelong learner with the support of Leadership at Every Level. Ideal for book studies, this resource shares practical, research-based strategies for strengthening leadership capacity at the classroom, school, and district levels.
- Delve into the five qualities of successful leaders—(1) relationality, (2) innovation, (3) flexibility, (4) integrity, and (5) lifelong learning.
- Examine real-world stories and vignettes from educators that highlight effective leadership in action at the classroom, school, and district levels.
- Review practical, research-based strategies pertaining to the five key leadership qualities.
- Reflect with end-of-chapter questions to enhance understanding of the material.
- Receive reproducible tools and templates to easily transfer learning into practice.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: What Makes an Effective Leader?
Chapter 2: Leaders Are Relational
Chapter 3: Leaders Are Innovative
Chapter 4: Leaders Are Flexible
Chapter 5: Leaders Have Integrity
Chapter 6: Leaders Are Lifelong Learners
- Figure I.1: Leadership Action Plan
- Figure 2.1: Classroom Choice Board
- Figure 2.2: Professional Development Choice Board
- Figure 2.3: Mission, Vision, Values, and Goals Framework
- Figure 3.1: Personal Passion Project
- Figure 4.1: Decision Tree Template
- Figure 4.2: Unit Plan Template
- Figure 5.1: Integrity Self-Needs Assessment
- Figure 6.1: Goals and Implementation Framework
- Teacher Reflection Form
- Conzemius, A. E., & O’Neill, J. (2014). The handbook for SMART school teams: Revitalizing best practices for collaboration (2nd ed.). Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.