What Principals Need to Know About Teaching and Learning Mathematics
Ensure a challenging mathematics experience for every learner, every day. This must-have resource offers support and encouragement for improved mathematics achievement across every grade level of your school. With an emphasis on Principles and Standards for School Mathematics and Common Core State Standards, this book covers the importance of mathematics content, learning and instruction, and mathematics assessment.
- Self-appraise your expectations and challenges with needs assessments.
- Find ways your school or district can attain the vision of the CCSS.
- Learn how to create effective teacher teams.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introduction: Expectations in Mathematics Education
Chapter 1: High-Quality Mathematics Content
Chapter 2: High-Quality Mathematics Instruction
Chapter 3: High-Quality Mathematics Assessment
Chapter 4: High-Quality Mathematics Response to Intervention
Chapter 5: Monitoring, Evaluating, and Improving Instruction
Chapter 6: Designing Effective Professional Development
Chapter 7: Working With Families
Chapter 8: Turning the Mathematics Vision Into Action
Appendix A: CCSS Standards for Mathematical Practice
- An Analysis of the Critical Areas in CCSS Content for Grades K–6
- Mathematical Practices—Look-Fors as Classroom Indicators
- CCSS Needs Assessment for Mathematics Content, Learning, and Instructional Needs
- Grades K–6 Mathematics Content Domains
- Instructional Strategies That Promote Student Achievement
- Monitoring and Observation Guide
- National Mathematics Advisory Panel Critical Foundations
- Thinking Through a Lesson Protocol Planning Template
- Chapter 1 Resources for Digging Deeper
- Chapter 2 Resources for Digging Deeper
- Chapter 3 Resources for Digging Deeper
- Chapter 4 Resources for Digging Deeper
- Chapter 5 Resources for Digging Deeper
- Chapter 6 Resources for Digging Deeper
- Chapter 7 Resources for Digging Deeper
- Chapter 8 Resources for Digging Deeper