A Practical Guide to Planning Interventions and Monitoring Progress
Learn innovative strategies to design and measure effective classroom interventions. The author offers teachers, individualized education program coordinators, and administrators research-based strategies and tools to create and document highly individualized plans that support response to intervention efforts and IEPs. Each chapter includes examples and case studies of students representing various grade levels and needs.
- Learn a process to plan practical, meaningful interventions and measure student progress.
- Understand the need for intervention and progress monitoring.
- Identify the critical skills students need to develop, and design interventions and IEPs around those skills.
- Design long-term goals and short-term benchmarks that track educator and student efforts to address students' intervention needs.
- Learn to translate intervention and progress findings into usable data to share with students, families, and other stakeholders.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Selecting Meaningful Priorities
Chapter 2: Writing Measurable Goals and Benchmarks
Chapter 3: Selecting and Individualizing Intervention Strategies
Chapter 4: Collecting Data to Inform Instruction
Chapter 5: Intervention Planning and Progress Monitoring for a Student With Down Syndrome
Chapter 6: Intervention Planning and Progress Monitoring for a Student With Autism
Chapter 7: Intervention Planning and Progress Monitoring for a Student With Developmental Delay
Chapter 8: Intervention Planning and Progress Monitoring for an English Learner
- Center for Parent Information and Resources, "Behavior Assessment, Plans, and Positive Supports”
- Center for Parent Information and Resources, "The Power of Strategy Instruction”
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Institute of Education Sciences, What Works Clearinghouse
- Jung, L. A., & Swan, G. M. (2011). "Making the Most of Progress Monitoring.” Educational Leadership, 68.
- LD OnLine
- National Institute of Direct Instruction
- Picture Exchange Communication System
- Vanderbilt Kennedy Center, "About Peer Assisted Learning Strategies”
- World-Class Instructional Design and Assessment, "Standards Overview”