Harness the power of video to cultivate equity, create stability, and reach students any time. With Capturing the Classroom, you will learn concrete and doable ways to record lectures, classroom discussions, tutorials, review sessions, and more to support any content area or curriculum.
- Understand the need for a video lesson archive, and how it creates a communal atmosphere for students.
- Learn what makes a video archive effective.
- Explore how a video archive can enhance standard classroom learning and grow student confidence.
- Create effective, varied videos for your own archive to implement into your teaching practices.
- Carry over videos from year to year, making the necessary adjustments and alterations based on feedback and change.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Creating a Diverse Archive Throughout the School Year
Chapter 2: Preparing Before the Students Arrive
Chapter 3: Building Communication Confidence
- Figure 2.1: video recording permission form
- Figure 2.2: Checklist for start of term
- Attendance questions of the day
- Figure 2.3: Week-at-a-glance template
- Figure 2.4: Welcome video and communication email checklist
- Figure 2.6: Technical clarity and connectivity survey.
- Figure 2.7: Classroom recording checklist
- Figure 3.1: Focus on why you’re recording
- Figure 3.2: Teacher self-evaluation form
- Try This
- Figure 3.3: Teacher colleague evaluation tool
- Figure 3.5: Student-to-teacher feedback form
- Figure 3.8: Presentation self-evaluation form
- Figure 3.9: Elementary student communication self-evaluation form
- Figure 3.10: StoryCorps interview assignment
- Buffum, A., Mattos, M., & Malone, J. (2018). Taking action: A handbook for RTI at Work. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Cohen, R. K., Opatosky, D. K., Savage, J., Stevens, S. O., & Darrah, E. P. (2021). The metacognitive student: How to teach academic, social, and emotional intelligence in every content area. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- EdPuzzle tutorial
- Play Posit
- QR Code Generator
- Story Corps
QR CODE LINKS
- Debate instruction
- Thesis statement instruction
- Enhancement tutorial
- Physics enrichment
- Chapter reading
- Whole-class review session
- Group presentation
- Choir and orchestra concert
- Conducting band
- Mandarin Chinese language lesson
- PE tutorial
- Five-minute video: Literary analysis
- Tutorial: Using week at a glance
- Tutorial: Writing on and saving a PDF
- Tutorial: Organizing and sharing a welcome video
- Computer display with voice narration