Communicating & Connecting With Social Media
Social media holds great potential benefits for schools reaching out to our communities, preparing our teachers, and connecting with our kids. In this short text, the authors examine how enterprising schools are using social media tools to provide customized professional development for teachers and to transform communication practices with staff, students, parents, and other stakeholders.
- Get practical solutions for implementing social media tools into communication and professional development plans.
- Find straightforward language describing each digital tool.
- Gain helpful examples and reproducibles.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Using Social Media Tools to Enhance School Communication Plans
Chapter 2: Using Social Media Tools to Enhance Professional Development
Chapter 3: Developing Professionally Responsible Social Media Practices
Epilogue: The Future of Social Media in Education
- Introducing Stakeholders to Twitter
- 21st Century Communications Rubric
- School Communication Survey
- Exploring School-Based Social Media Efforts
- New Media Parent Release
- Common Patterns of Participation on Twitter
- Exploring Educational Conversations in Social Media Spaces
- Tracking the Impact of Social Media Spaces on Professional Development
Content Management Systems
Digital Discussion Forums
- Creak a Page
- Facebook in Education
- New Milford High School
- Peace River Elementary School
- Hamilton Elementary
- John F. Kennedy MS
- Melinda Miller
- New Milford HS
- Erik Sheninger
- Scott Elios
Educational Newsrooms in Twitter