A People-Centered Approach for Online, Blended, and In-Person Learning
Embrace the unique opportunity of online and blended learning. Get a solid understanding on how to execute in-person and online relationships with students and coworkers to attain a positive learning environment that supports social-emotional learning.
- Understand why relationship building is fundamental to student success and gain best practices for establishing this foundation.
- Discover new blended, online, and in-person strategies for strengthening connections with your diverse students.
- Gain strategies for offering instruction that is affirming, representative of our diverse world, and rooted in equity.
- Be empowered to think critically about and to change systems currently in place that limit students’ ability to connect and thrive.
- Choose strategies that fit your teaching style from the myriad of vibrant experiences contributed by educators around the world.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Preface: Our Journeys to Blended Education
Introduction: People-Centered Approaches to Teaching
Part I: Reimagining the Online Classroom
Chapter 1: Reimagining School as a Community Project
Chapter 2: Cultivating Strengths-Based Approaches for Inclusion, Support, and Counseling
Chapter 3: Fostering Relationships Through Connection-Based Feedback
Part II: Ensuring Equity and Inclusion in the Online Classroom
Chapter 4: Centering Student Stories
Chapter 5: Honoring Multilingual and Multicultural Learners
Chapter 6: Leveraging Opportunities for Gifted and Talented Students
Appendix: Focus Group Transcript
- Figure 6.1: Reflective Questions for the Beginning, Middle, and End of a Project or Unit
- Chapter 6: Apply It to Your Practice
- Buffum, A., Mattos, M., & Malone, J. (2018). Taking action: A handbook for RTI at Work. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Hierck, T. (2017). Seven keys to a positive learning environment in your classroom. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.