Inspiring Creativity and Innovation in K–12
Encourage a culture of innovation and creativity. Innovation and creativity are imperative to educational success and require the contributions of teachers, students, administrators, and policymakers. Explore the four essentials for developing a creative, mistake-tolerant culture; investigate teaching and leadership beliefs and practices that undermine creativity; and discover strategies for successfully navigating challenges that your team may face along the way.
- Consider the four main challenges that educators and students face in pursuit of creativity.
- Read research and real-life examples documenting creativity in practice.
- Learn about the critical elements for developing creative environments.
- Discover how you can apply the presented meta-rubric (a rubric for rubrics), and practice creativity assessment with the provided reproducible composite rubrics.
- Gain insight on five practices that policymakers can use to keep creativity central in education.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Why Creativity Is Vital
Chapter 2: Building a Creative Culture
Chapter 3: How Educators and Leaders Discourage Creativity
Chapter 4: How Educators and Leaders Can Encourage Creativity
Chapter 5: Adapting the Four Essential Questions of PLCs to Creativity
Chapter 6: Creativity for Education Policymakers