Implementing Project-Based Learning
Deepen learning experiences in every classroom. Project-based learning (PBL) has the potential to fully engage students of the digital age, changing student-teacher dynamics and giving students greater influence and agency in their learning. Discover user-friendly strategies for implementing PBL to equip students with essential 21st century skills, strengthen their problem-solving abilities, and prepare them for college and careers.
- Understand the altered roles that PBL demands of teachers and students.
- Explore strategies that make the most of the opportunities created by PBL.
- Learn how to get started with data literacy projects.
- Read about real-life projects that show how PBL can connect with digital-age learners.
- Discover factors that can capitalize on messy learning.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: A Strong Foundation—and Then Some
Chapter 2: Geoliteracy Projects: Making Global Connections
Chapter 3: Data Literacy Projects: Understanding Big Data
Chapter 4: Entrepreneurship and Innovation Projects: Understanding the Business World
Chapter 5: Media Literacy Projects: Becoming Savvier Consumers and Creators of Media
Chapter 6: Storytelling Projects: Cultivating a Strategic Tool
Chapter 7: Project-Based Learning Challenges
Resources for Geoliteracy Projects
- Esri EdCommunity
- Promise of Place
- Story Maps
- Google Lit Trips
- Environmental and Spatial Technology Initiative Project Finder
Resource for a Comprehensive Look at PBL Research
- Many Eyes
- New York Times, "Teaching With Infographics: Places to Start”
Digital Tools for Making Infographics
- Census at School
- Google Forms
- Common Online Data Analysis Platform
- Tuva Labs
Resources for Incorporating Data Literacy Into PBL
Resources to Teach Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Resources for Teaching Media Literacy
- Common Sense Media
- Media Education Lab
- National Association for Media Literacy Education
- Project Look Sharp
Digital Tools for Creating Multimedia Stories
Resources for Starting Storytelling Projects
Online Resources for Planning Project-Based Learning