Eric Twadell, PhD, is superintendent of Adlai E. Stevenson High School in Lincolnshire, Illinois. He has been a social studies teacher, curriculum director, and assistant superintendent for leadership and organizational development.
Eric Twadell, PhD, is the superintendent of Adlai E. Stevenson District 125 in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Prior to his role as superintendent, Dr. Twadell served Stevenson as a social studies teacher, curriculum director, and assistant superintendent for leadership and organizational development.
Stevenson High School recently received its fifth National Blue Ribbon Award and is one of only six schools to win the United States Department of Education (USD) National Blue Ribbon Award on five different occasions. Stevenson was also one of the first comprehensive schools designated as a New American High School by USDE as a model of successful school reform. Stevenson has been described by the United States Department of Education as “the most recognized and celebrated school in America.” In the popular press, Stevenson High School has been repeatedly cited as one of America’s top high schools and the “birthplace” of Professional Learning Communities at Work®.
In addition to his teaching and leadership roles, Dr. Twadell has been involved in coaching numerous athletic teams and facilitating outdoor education and adventure travel programs. He is a member of many professional organizations, including Learning Forward and ASCD, and he earned a master’s degree in curriculum and instruction and a doctorate in educational leadership and policy studies from Loyola University Chicago.
Assessment Center experts have proven success in developing and implementing sustainable assessment practices that garner hope through achievement. Work with them to create assessment systems that provide accurate, meaningful, and actionable information to drive student learning.
PLC at Work®
PLC at Work® experts have proven success in leading the PLC at Work process in a school or district. Work with them to implement a focus on learning, build a collaborative culture, and create a results orientation that leads to sustained, substantive school improvement.
RTI at Work™
RTI at Work experts focus on learning for all students and will empower you to build your own timely, targeted, and systematic intervention program. Work with them to implement a results-driven program that provides targeted instruction at all tiers of intervention.
Presentations by Eric Twadell
- Leading by Design: An Action Framework for PLC Leaders
- Strategies for Effectively Leading Districts, Schools, and Teams as PLCs
- Beyond the Numbers: How to Use Formative Feedback, Formative Assessment, and Standards-Based Grading Practices to Improve Student Learning and Achievement
- Grading for Learning in a PLC
- Grading Practices That Work (and Those That Don’t) in a PLC
- Utilizing Effective Collaborative Teams to Impact Student Learning and Achievement
- Start Small, Think Big: Initiating and Sustaining Change One Team at a Time
- Leading a Balanced Assessment System in Your District, School, and Team
- The Role of the Central Office in Creating and Sustaining PLCs
- It’s Not All About Test Scores: Social and Emotional Learning in a PLC
- Instructional Architecture: How to Design Classrooms and Activities to Create an Engaged Learning-Centered Environment for Students
“Eric was extraordinary, as he always is. Invaluable spot-on learning in so many ways with principals deeply appreciating his credibility, expertise, solid organization, insight, humor, and also in awe of the instant command of the scholarship and resources that bring exceptional depth to his work.”
“Eric is a great presenter with a wealth of information. He can communicate this information in an organized and engaging manner.”
“Eric is kind, full of knowledge, and engaging. He brings a wealth of experience and unique perspectives to the session.”