Kathy Perez, EdD, is a professor emerita at Saint Mary’s College of California. She has extensive teaching experience as a general and special educator, literacy/ESL coach, administrator, and curriculum/staff-development coordinator.
Kathy Perez, EdD, an international consultant, teacher, administrator, and author, has worked with students from preschoolers to university graduates. Dr. Perez is a professor emerita at Saint Mary’s College of California. She has extensive teaching experience as a general and special educator, literacy/ESL coach, administrator, and curriculum/staff- development coordinator.
Her innovative and interactive workshops are loaded with teacher-tested materials and activities you can use immediately and share with others. She provides a lively and informative day of hands-on and minds-on learning.
Dr. Perez has worked extensively with teachers, administrators, and parents throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, Qatar, Brazil, Colombia, the Caribbean, Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Thailand, Hong Kong, and Singapore. Her best-selling books include: More Than 100+ Brain Friendly Tools and Strategies for Literacy!; Co-Teaching Book of Lists: A Practical Guide for Teachers; The New Inclusion: Differentiated Strategies to Engage ALL Students! (2013); and 200+ Proven Strategies for Teaching Reading (2016).
Dr. Perez is the recipient of an International Rotary Fellowship and has been selected for The Reading Hall of Fame, because of her commitment and passion for literacy and learning around the world.
Presentations by Kathy Perez
- Dynamic Differentiation: One Size Does Not Fit All!
- Motivating Reluctant Learners!
- Brain-Based Teaching: Strategies for Success!
- Leading the Way for Inclusion: Instructional Adaptations for Student Success
- Ignite Student Engagement Using Thinking Routines
- Lesson Mastery: Top 10 Tools to Transform Your Teaching!
- Keeping It Real: Innovative Ideas for Informational Texts
- Closing the Achievement Gap Using Formative Assessments
- Literacy is NOT a Spectator Sport: Strategies for Success!
- Simplifying Text Complexity: Innovative Ideas for Reluctant Readers
- Promoting the 3 Cs: Creativity, Curiosity, and Cooperation in Your Diverse Classroom!
- “EXCEL (Engaging, eXcellent Curriculum for English Learners)”: Strategies for Success!
- Differentiation for English Learners
- Hungry Minds: Unleashing Curiosity and Creativity in Your Preschool Classroom