Solution Tree Announces 10 Winners of the 2020 Rebecca Burnette DuFour Scholarship
Bloomington, Ind. (April 10, 2020)—Solution Tree, an educational publisher and professional development provider, has announced the recipients of the 2020 Rebecca Burnette DuFour Scholarship.
Established in honor of Rebecca Burnette DuFour and her legacy of leadership and service in education, this inaugural award celebrates and supports women educators demonstrating exceptional leadership in their school communities.
“The level of leadership displayed by this year’s applicants was truly impressive,” said Solution Tree CEO Jeffrey C. Jones. “We are thrilled to have the opportunity to honor each of these leaders and highlight the impact they are making in schools across the United States.”
Winners of the 2020 scholarship include:
- Ashley Friend, teacher, Mason Crest Elementary (Annandale, VA) - [email protected]
- Susan Weiderhold, assistant principal, Stafford County Public Schools (Stafford, VA) - [email protected]
- Melissa Butler, principal, Heritage Middle School (Ringgold, GA) - [email protected]
- Tawnia St. Amant, principal, Franklin Regional Middle School (Murrysville, PA) - [email protected]
- Cristin Rold, Principal, AHSTW Intermediate School (Avoca, IA) - [email protected]
- Maren Powers, Language Arts Department Head, Washington Fields Intermediate School (Washington, UT) - [email protected]
- LaQuanta Hernandez, District Elementary Math Coordinator, Mission CISD (Mission, TX) - [email protected]
- Jessica Slack, School Psychologist\Special Education Coordinator, School District of La Farge (La Farge, WI) - [email protected]
- Amy Kopcznsk, iInstructional Coach, Health Sciences Academy at Monroe Middle, (Monroe, NC) - [email protected]
- Lacy M. Rivera, Professional Learning Coach, Los Lunas High School (Los Lunas, NM) - [email protected]
Winners of the scholarship will receive a complimentary registration to Solution Tree’s Women in Education: Leading Perspectives Institute on July 20–22 in San Antonio, Tex.; hotel accommodations for three nights; and a $500 travel allowance.
During her nearly four-decade-long career in education, DuFour served as a public-school educator and administrator. She co-authored 16 titles, including the best-selling Learning by Doing: A Handbook for Professional Learning Communities at Work® and wrote numerous articles on the topic of education.
Learn more about Solution Tree.