Steven M. Wood
Steven M. Wood, PhD, is director of science at Adlai E. Stevenson High School in Lincolnshire, Illinois. In his role, he provides support and leadership for science learning.
Steven M. Wood
Steven M. Wood, PhD, is director of science at Adlai E. Stevenson High School in Lincolnshire, Illinois. In his role, he provides support and leadership for science learning, including the professional development of the science faculty. Dr. Wood began his career in the healthcare industry but soon realized that his passion was helping students become better science learners. In addition to his science teaching and leadership roles, he has coached many athletic teams and led several international science travel courses.
Dr. Wood is a member of many professional organizations, presenting extensively at state and national conferences. Recently, he has served on the National Science Teachers Association’s (NSTA) Committee on High School Teaching and Committee on Coordination and Supervision of Science Teaching.
Dr. Wood earned a bachelor’s degree in biology education from Taylor University, a master’s degree in biology from Northeastern Illinois University, and a doctorate in educational leadership and policy studies from Loyola University Chicago. His research focused on the beliefs and practices of schools that lead to ensuring a rigorous learning experience for all students.
PLC at Work®
PLC at Work® experts have proven success in leading the PLC at Work process in a school or district. Work with them to implement a focus on learning, build a collaborative culture, and create a results orientation that leads to sustained, substantive school improvement.
Presentations by Steven M. Wood
- Proficiency-Based Grading in the Science Classroom
- Leading and Learning Together: Strategies for High-Performing Teacher Teams
- Empowering PLC Teams: Understanding and Applying Loose-Tight Leadership
- Every Student, Every Time: Ensuring a Rigorous Curriculum for All Students
- Teachers and Students DOING Science with the Next Generation Science Standards
- Creating and Upholding Collective Commitments in a PLC
- Instructional Leadership and Supervision in the Science Classroom