Bill Hall is the former director of educational leadership and professional development for Brevard Public Schools in Florida. He has served as a classroom teacher, assistant principal, and principal.
Bill Hall is the former director of educational leadership and professional development for Brevard Public Schools in Florida. He has served as a classroom teacher, assistant principal, and principal. As a teacher, Bill was recognized as Teacher of the Year at Sherwood Elementary School in Melbourne, Florida. As the principal of Surfside Elementary School in Satellite Beach, he received the key to the city in recognition of his outstanding leadership and service to the students and community. During the last half of his career, Bill served as the director of educational leadership and professional development for the district.
As director of educational leadership, his responsibilities included leading the district’s leadership development initiatives, the principal and assistant principal preparation programs, and the implementation of Professional Learning Communities at Work® in support of the district’s instructional model. Under Bill’s leadership, 27 of Brevard County’s 85 schools were recognized as Model PLC at Work Schools by Solution Tree.
He is a past president of the Florida Association for Staff Development (FASD), now Learning Forward Florida. He is also a senior fellow of the Institute for Development of Educational Activities, or /I/D/E/A/, Academy of Fellows.
For his years of service to FASD, he received its Distinguished Contribution Award. For two consecutive years, he received the Seiji Horiuchi Memorial Award from the US Jaycees in recognition of his leadership as Florida’s state individual development chairman.
Bill is the author of Powerful Guiding Coalitions: How to Build and Sustain the Leadership Team in Your PLC at Work®, published by Solution Tree Press. His articles on leadership development have been published in AllThingsPLC Magazine, the Journal of Staff Development (JSD), the National Forum of Educational Administration and Supervision Journal, and the District Management Journal (DMJ).
Bill received his bachelor’s in English from Erskine College and his master’s in administration and supervision from Nova Southeastern University. He is certified in school principalship and elementary education.
PLC at Work®
PLC at Work® experts have proven success in leading the PLC at Work process in a school or district. Work with them to implement a focus on learning, build a collaborative culture, and create a results orientation that leads to sustained, substantive school improvement.
Presentations by Bill Hall
- What PLC Schools Do Differently: Seven Strategies for Success
- Becoming a Professional Learning Community: A Journey, Not a Destination
- The Framework for Developing Teacher Leadership through Professional Learning Communities
- Leading Quality Professional Learning Communities
- Districtwide Implementation of Professional Learning Communities
- Ensuring Sustainability through Effective Succession Planning
- The Six Essential Strategies for Ensuring Leadership Development and Leadership Sustainability
- Brevard Public Schools: The Journey to Becoming a Role Model for Organizational Performance Excellence
- Ensuring Quality Leadership
- Leadership Development: The Critical Element in Sustaining the Cultural Changes of a Professional Learning Community
- Succession Planning and Management in Public Education
- Dispersing Leadership and Planning for Succession
- The Sterling Process/APQC
- Restructuring of School Leadership Development Programs
- Florida’s Professional Development System Evaluation Protocol
- Leadership for School Leaders
- Leaving a Legacy of Leadership in Your Organization
- Overview of Professional Learning Communities
- Sharpening the Point: Professional Development Academy
- Performance Appraisal Systems
- Professional Learning Communities at Work®
- Teacher Leadership: Unleashing the Power of Potential
- Hot Topics: Professional Learning Communities
- Leading Professional Learning Communities
“Bill was very patient with my staff. His presentation was fantastic.”
“LOVE Bill Hall. He is an amazing presenter and consummate professional.”