Learn how to utilize the Youth Employability Skills (YES!) framework to foster confident, well-rounded, career-ready students. This resource helps educators teach 21st century skills, such as problem solving and critical thinking, to ensure that each learner is prepared for the workplace or higher education.
- Consider nine essential employability skills and how to foster each in students.
- Benefit from a comprehensive framework that includes activities, instructional strategies, and resources.
- Align with the mandates of the Every Student Succeeds Act to prepare students to succeed in college and careers.
- Gain an understanding of educators’ roles in connecting students to the vast possibilities and opportunities ahead of them.
- Examine real-life examples as well as supporting research and evidence that the YES! framework is effective.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Communication
Chapter 2: Teamwork and Collaboration
Chapter 3: Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
Chapter 4: Workplace Relationship Building
Chapter 5: Resource Management
Chapter 6: Growth Mindset, Resilience, and Grit
Chapter 7: Ethics, Values, and Integrity
Chapter 8: Networking and Interview Know-How
Chapter 9: Career-Pathway Preparation
- Figure 3.1: What Would You Do? worksheet
- Figure 3.2: What’s Your Problem? worksheet
- Figure 3.3: Decision-making process note sheet
- Figure 5.1: Allocating-resources activity chart
- Figure 5.2: Scavenger-hunt task list
- Figure 5.3: Card layout for the PowerPoint slide
- Figure 5.4: Service-learning completion sheet
- Figure 6.1: Positive self-talk and self-affirmation worksheet
- Figure 6.2: Growth mindset versus fixed mindset
- Figure 6.3: Self-reflection questions
- Figure 6.4: Chatter-rock designs
- Figure 6.5: Chatter-rock cards
- Jensen, E. (2019). Poor students, rich teaching: Seven high-impact mindsets for students from poverty (Rev. ed.). Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.