Ready for the Workforce
Engaging Strategies for Teaching Secondary Learners Employability Skills
Learn how to utilize the Youth Employability Skills (YES!) framework to foster confident, well-rounded, career-ready students. This resource helps educators teach 21st century skills, such as problem solving and critical thinking, to ensure that each learner is prepared for the workplace or higher education.
Add this eBook to your credit card purchase and gain immediate access.
eBooks are available on desktop, Android, and iOS via Adobe Digital Editions. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit the eBook FAQ for more information.
A targeted instructional guide for fostering confident, career-ready learners
Foster confident, well-rounded, career-ready students. Written for teachers and administrators, this targeted guide introduces the Youth Employability Skills (YES!) framework, which has been adopted by schools across the United States. Learn how to use this powerful framework in a multitude of courses to ensure students develop the essential attributes and soft skills needed to become thriving members of the global workplace.
- Consider nine essential employability skills and how to foster each in students.
- Benefit from a comprehensive framework that includes activities, instructional strategies, and resources.
- Align with the mandates of the Every Student Succeeds Act to prepare students to succeed in college and careers.
- Gain an understanding of educators’ roles in connecting students to the vast possibilities and opportunities ahead of them.
- Examine real-life examples as well as supporting research and evidence that the YES! framework is effective.
Product Code: BKF945, EKF508
Published By: Solution Tree
Page Count: 152
“Preparing students to succeed in an uncertain future is a central challenge facing educators today. Ready for the Workforce helps with that preparation by focusing on competencies that matter in every career. By learning to manage resources and relationships, make ethical decisions, and approach challenges with a growth mindset, students will be well-equipped not only for careers but for life.”
“Educators continually evaluate the value of academic, technical, and employability skills. McBride and Duncan-Davis highlight the nine most marketable employability skills and provide the rationale and research to confirm the critical importance of teaching these skills in an ever-changing working environment. The book provides a variety of creative and engaging activities aligned to each skill. I can envision all students benefiting from these activities and look forward to using this resource in my career and technical education program.”
When can I access my eBook? Your eBook will be accessible through VitalSource once your payment has been processed.*
*When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the signed official purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
How do I access my eBook?
To access your eBook:
- Create a free VitalSource account by visiting VitalSource.com. If you already have a VitalSource account, please log in to your account.
- Paste the redemption code that Solution Tree will email you in the “Redemption Code” field on VitalSource.com/Redeem. (Note: You can also access your redemption code within your Solution Tree account under the “eBook” section.)
- Click “Redeem.”
- Enjoy! Once your code is redeemed, your book will be added to your VitalSource Bookshelf and can be read anytime, anywhere.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the eBook? A VitalSource account is required. To sign up for your free account, please visit VitalSource.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with eBooks. For paperback and hardcover book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
Can I purchase multiple copies of the same eBook? Bulk orders are not currently available through the website. Website purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. If you want to order multiple copies of an eBook, please contact customer support at [email protected].
What if I need to request a refund on my eBook order? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed eBook orders.