Leading Unstoppable Learning
Designed for K–12 leaders, this title examines how to develop responsive leadership characteristics that foster schoolwide success. The author shares key strategies and practices for establishing a sustainable learning culture, such as creating an inclusive environment, inspiring teachers to become leaders, and supporting the creation of student-centered classrooms. Practical observation and planning forms are also featured throughout the book to boost leadership efficacy.
- Explore the four principles of systems thinking—relationships, communication, responsiveness, and sustainability.
- Study the critical characteristics of unstoppable learning leadership.
- Consider driving questions designed to spur productive discussions among school leaders and collaborative teams.
- Learn how to co-plan classroom curricula and behavior management with teachers.
- Read real school vignettes that illustrate the importance of critical leadership characteristics.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Leading Learning Planning
Chapter 2: Leading Learning Target Launches
Chapter 3: Leading Learning Consolidation
Chapter 4: Leading Learning Assessment
Chapter 5: Leading Learning Adaptation
Chapter 6: Leading Learning Management
Epilogue: A Final Word on Systems Thinking and Leading Learning
- Figure 1.2: Teacher Unit-Plan Review—Self-Assessment
- Figure 1.3: Teacher Reflection on Unit Plan
- Figure 1.4: Weekly Lesson-Plan Review for Leaders
- Figure 3.2: Guiding Reading of Complex Text
- Figure 3.3: Field Experience or Arts Integration Rationale
- Figure 4.1: Teacher Self-Reflection—Balanced Assessment Evaluation
- Figure 4.2: Leaders Complete the Teacher Gradebook Form
- Figure 4.4: Teacher Feedback Effectiveness Form
- Figure 6.2: Ask Teachers to Provide a Classroom Management Plan
- Figure 6.3: Implement Instructional Feedback Using a 3-2-1 (PQS) Chart
- Figure 6.4: Driving Questions to Ask During One-on-One Teacher Meetings
- Fisher, D., & Frey, N. (2015). Unstoppable Learning: Seven Essential Elements to Unleash Student Potential. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.