Mathematics Unit Planning in a PLC at Work®, Grades 6–8
Improve mathematics achievement across grades 6–8 through a collaborative unit planning process. This resource will help educators in a professional learning community (PLC) with mathematics unit planning and collaborative teaching for middle school, junior high school, and intermediate schools.
A professional learning community guide to increasing student mathematics achievement in intermediate school
What exactly do your students need to know by the end of each unit of mathematics study throughout the school year? This practical resource empowers teacher teams to collectively plan for and deliver highly effective units of study in grades 6–8. The authors clearly outline how to generate essential learning standards, create a team unit calendar, identify prior knowledge, and complete many other essential collaborative tasks.
- Understand how to collaboratively plan mathematics units in grades 6–8 as a professional learning community (PLC).
- Study the seven unit-planning elements and learn how to incorporate each in essential unit design.
- Review the role of the PLC at Work® process in enhancing student learning and teacher collaboration.
- Observe three model units, one for each grade, for ratios and proportional reasoning.
- Receive tools and templates for effective unit planning.
Product Code: BKF966
Published By: Solution Tree