Aaron Hansen is an internationally recognized author and speaker who focuses on empowering teachers and their leaders using PLC and RTI principles.
Aaron Hansen is an internationally recognized author and speaker who focuses on empowering teachers and their leaders using PLC and RTI principles. Aaron uses compelling stories, humor, and relevant evidence to help schools build strong collective responsibility and a belief in the collective ability we have to transform schools. He helps educators turn their schools into powerful places of personal and academic development for their students. Aaron’s passion and belief in educators that “the only thing stopping us is us” is contagious.
As former principal, Aaron led the transformation of White Pine Middle School (WPMS) in Nevada into a nationally recognized, high-achieving school. WPMS won many awards including Title I Distinguished School, PLC Model School, and National Model School (2009–2012). It was the only middle school in the United States to be named a Middle School of Distinction (2010) by the International Center for Leadership in Education.
Aaron has been featured in many books, articles, and TV news stories including ABC World News with Charles Gibson, American Morning (CNN), Fox and Friends (Fox Network), and a BBC documentary, all highlighting the changes he led in transforming school culture and developing the academic as well as social and emotional well-being of children. Aaron was named Nevada Innovative Educator of the Year in 2009.
Aaron delivers his messages powerfully, through the lens of a practitioner who gets what real day-to-day work for teachers and leaders is like. He helps teacher teams understand the complexities of their work while simultaneously helping them take simple actions to get started and succeed quickly.
Common Core experts will work with you to ensure you have the capacity and know-how to embed the standards throughout your practice. Work with them to unpack standards and align instruction and assessment practices to the Common Core standards across content areas.
PLC at Work®
PLC at Work® experts have proven success in leading the PLC at Work process in a school or district. Work with them to implement a focus on learning, build a collaborative culture, and create a results orientation that leads to sustained, substantive school improvement.
RTI at Work™
RTI at Work experts focus on learning for all students and will empower you to build your own timely, targeted, and systematic intervention program. Work with them to implement a results-driven program that provides targeted instruction at all tiers of intervention.
Presentations by Aaron Hansen
- Comprehensive School Transformation: A Long-Term Customized Partnership for Transforming Your School or District
- Getting Started: Building Your PLC Foundation to Get Results
- Developing PLCs for Singletons and Small Schools
- Unleash the Power of Assessment and Data!
- Leading in a PLC
- Empowering Students to Own Their Learning in a PLC: Students as Partners in the CCSS
- The Next Level of PLC: Common Core, Learning Targets, Assessment, Data, and Intervention
- It Starts and Ends Here: The Principalship
- Fast and Furious: We Need Real Change and Real Results Now!
- Getting Serious About All Students: Systems of Intervention That Work
- Cultural Change: Connecting Teachers’ Hearts and Minds to the Work
- Co-Teaching the PLC and RTI Way
- Building Urgency: The 21st Century Is Demanding Schools Change
- Commitment, Persistence, and Reinspiration
- The Silent Stakeholders: Using Student Voice to Combat Bullying and Transform Student Culture
“I especially appreciated the positive attitude. Fabulous information presented crisply yet with flexibility to differentiate instruction.“
“Aaron's authentic approach and real-life experience is refreshing. He doesn't come in as a know-it-all but as someone who is willing to share what he has learned on the journey.“