Mathematics Unit Planning in a PLC at Work®, Grades 3–5
Part of the Every Student Can Learn Mathematics series, this practical resource provides a teacher framework for collectively planning a unit of study with learning outcomes in grades 3–5. Foster team collaboration that helps students use appropriate tools to improve their math vocabulary and meet academic standards.
A guide to collaborative teaching and mathematics lesson planning to increase student understanding and expected learning outcomes
Build collaborative teacher teams committed to fostering student self-efficacy and increasing achievement in mathematics. Part of the Every Student Can Learn Mathematics series, this practical resource provides a framework for collectively planning a unit of study in grades 3–5. Grade-level teams will learn how to work together to perform key tasks—from unwrapping standards and creating team unit calendars to determining academic vocabulary and designing robust fraction units.
- Understand how to collaboratively plan thematic units in grades 3–5.
- Study the seven unit-planning elements and learn how to incorporate each in essential unit design.
- Review the role of the PLC at Work® process in enhancing collaborative student learning and teacher collaboration.
- Observe three model fraction units, one for each grade level.
- Receive tools and templates for effective unit planning.
Mathematics at Work™MathematicsProfessional Learning Communities at Work®Professional Learning Communities
Product Code: BKF965
Published By: Solution Tree