RTI at Work™ Institute
- $749.00 per person for teams of 5 or more
- Solution Tree is in frequent contact with the staff at event venues to get updates about new or updated COVID-19 guidance from local and state officials related to events and public health. We have proactively taken steps to promote the health and safety of our attendees, associates, and staff.
The right way to intervene
What does successful response to intervention (RTI) or multitiered system of supports (MTSS) look like when all the pieces come together? The underlying premise of RTI and MTSS is that schools should not delay in providing help for struggling students until they fall far enough behind to qualify for special education, but instead should provide timely, targeted, and systematic interventions to all students who demonstrate the need.
With unprecedented access to nationally recognized experts who have successfully implemented RTI in a variety of settings—often with limited personnel and dwindling resources—you will learn how to create a tiered system of supports that includes:
- Tier 1 core instruction that ensures all students have access to a rigorous, essential grade-level curriculum, highly effective teaching, and embedded academic and behavioral support
- Tier 2 supplemental interventions that support students in a grade-level curriculum, immediate prerequisite skills, and academic and social behavior expectations
- Tier 3 intensive interventions that develop foundational prerequisite academic skills (reading, numeracy, writing, and English language) and behaviors without removing students from essential grade-level curriculum
Through interactive and highly engaging keynotes, this institute explores how to build an intervention system by looking at the four essential elements of a successful RTI model: collective responsibility, concentrated instruction, convergent assessment, and certain access.
Expanding on the methods detailed in their best-selling book Taking Action: A Handbook for RTI at Work, the presenters include specifics on how to lead the RTI process at the site and district levels. Learn how to create a proactive process to identify students who need help, place them in the proper intervention, monitor their progress, revise interventions as needed, and determine when students no longer need additional support. Each presenter matches theory with practice and offers strategies that can immediately increase effectiveness for students and staff.
- Build a highly effective, collaborative school or district culture focused on student learning.
- Unpack standards into focused student learning targets.
- Design, analyze, and utilize common assessments to improve core instruction and guide interventions.
- Plan for embedded intervention time.
- Engage and empower students in the learning process.
- Target interventions to meet individual student needs.
- Understand the critical components and implementation of a behavioral RTI system.
- Utilize a site leadership and intervention team to support schoolwide interventions.
- Design master schedules that provide core instruction, interventions, and elective options for students at risk.
- Identify effective Tier 3 interventions for students struggling with reading, writing, numeracy, and English language.
- Determine the best ways to utilize schoolwide support staff in the RTI process.
- Use intervention time to extend learning for students who have already mastered grade-level expectations.
- Understand the district’s role and responsibilities in the RTI process.
Learn from leading experts
Hear from our attendees
“This was by far one of the best conferences I have ever attended. I feel that my team is well-equipped to implement RTI in our school.”
“Every aspect of the conference was valuable. I learned something from every keynote and breakout session. Easy, practical, and useful information!”
“The entire conference was amazing! Loved that the concepts of PLC and RTI were intertwined!”
On-site Solution Tree book co-op open throughout event.
Agenda and speakers are subject to change.
Monday, August 7th
Registration and Continental Breakfast
|11:45 a.m.–1:15 p.m.||
Lunch (on your own)
Tuesday, August 8th
Registration and Continental Breakfast
|11:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m.||
Lunch (on your own)
|4:30–5:15 p.m.||Team Time|
Wednesday, August 9th
Events reach capacity quickly. Please confirm your registration before making travel plans.
Parking information: Meydenbauer Center: $24 up to 24 hours; Seattle Marriott Bellevue: $32 valet overnight
All rates are per day and subject to change.
In order to receive the discounted hotel room rate, please mention Solution Tree. After the deadline listed below, rates will be determined by the hotel.
Seattle Marriott Bellevue
200 110th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
Discounted Rate: (single or double) $238 per night
Deadline: July 15, 2023, or until group rate is sold out.
“In 36 years of teaching, I’ve never attended a more professionally run conference. From the integrity of the presenters and the quality of the materials to the organization of the sessions, it was a top-notch affair. I am proud to know that the profession is being served so well by Solution Tree!”
“This was a coherent, informative, and empowering approach to establishing RTI in our district. I now have a dramatically clearer concept of RTI than I did before attending. The pacing was excellent. I was constantly learning, but never felt taxed.”
“Amazing! You helped us become a stronger, more committed team!”
“I appreciated hearing from practitioners and professionals who are actively doing their own research and have real understanding of how these ideas can work in the classroom.”
11100 NE 6th Street
You will receive a certificate of participation 6 weeks after the event concludes. Please check with your department of education for CEU availability.
On-Site Solution Tree Book Co-op Discounts
- Buy 5 or more Solution Tree titles or resources and receive 30% off and free shipping
- On-site book co-op open daily throughout the event
Discounts above are for on-site purchases only. Does not include any non–Solution Tree product, toolkit, or sale table items. Purchase orders and credit cards accepted on-site. Continental US only.
Product code: CFF720
Five Reasons to Attend a Solution Tree Event (PDF)
A Letter to Your Boss (DOC)
Included with your registration
This practical implementation guide will teach you the RTI process (or MTSS) and how it can drive continuous improvement and academic success for your school.
AllThingsPLC Magazine Subscription
AllThingsPLC Magazine is a must-have for emerging and veteran professional learning communities (PLCs). Each issue includes PLC research, inspiration, fixes, how-tos, and more.
We’re enhancing your event experience. In addition to providing presentations in digital format, Solution Tree is publishing retail-quality, perfect-bound notebooks expertly designed to support your learning. Any printed handouts or worksheets integrated into your sessions will continue to be provided.